Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone got any suggestions about how to get help for someone who’s suicidal?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
As well as emotional support she will inevitably need help with all the cold, hard but necessary practical stuff she's now going to be forced to deal but probably isn't in a fit state for..... possible inquest, funeral arrangement, bank accounts, insurance policies (though possibly null and void in the circumstances) and loads of other overwhelming stuff. Maybe offer to help deal with some of those things to relieve her of some of the burden. Having to deal with those things, although a burden, can also help as they provide a distraction and something to focus on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She opened the door about an hour after I got there. The paramedics spent some time with her and then a doctor sedated her. I stayed the night with her and am staying until Sunday afternoon, when her mum and sister arrive from Oz. She’s sleeping at the moment and, honestly, I think that’s the best thing for her right now. I have telephone numbers for various healthcare professionals to call if she starts going off the rails when she wakes up.

Thank you to all who responded positively on this thread &/or by PM. NSC can be a truly wonderful place when it’s really needed. :smile:

I wasn’t aware of this change in terminology, but can absolutely see the point; thanks. Thanks too for the rest of the post...

Very best wishes, and....top work on your part. :bowdown:

She opened the door about an hour after I got there. The paramedics spent some time with her and then a doctor sedated her. I stayed the night with her and am staying until Sunday afternoon, when her mum and sister arrive from Oz. She’s sleeping at the moment and, honestly, I think that’s the best thing for her right now. I have telephone numbers for various healthcare professionals to call if she starts going off the rails when she wakes up.

Thank you to all who responded positively on this thread &/or by PM. NSC can be a truly wonderful place when it’s really needed. :smile:

I wasn’t aware of this change in terminology, but can absolutely see the point; thanks. Thanks too for the rest of the post...

Good stuff, very happy to hear this.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Sorry for the loss of your friend, but what a good friend you are being right now.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’ve just had a call from her neighbour saying that they found her dead in bed this morning. She took her life three months to the day after her husband did. The neighbour says she found a long note, with a paragraph addressed to me.

So much to say; so little worth saying.

I’m not looking for responses, but I involved you guys in the original tragedy and got huge amounts of support and excellent, speedy advice - I just thought I kinda owed you this update.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not entirely sure what to say ( and I know you weren't look for a response ) but NSC has been good to me recently ( including your good self ) and I'm sure will for you. Good Luck and I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. May she RIP.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve just had a call from her neighbour saying that they found her dead in bed this morning. She took her life three months to the day after her husband did. The neighbour says she found a long note, with a paragraph addressed to me.

I’m not looking for responses, but I involved you guys in the original tragedy and got huge amounts of support and excellent, speedy advice - I just thought I kinda owed you this update.

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences, mate.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

Oh jeez that is shocking. Got no words. All the best. (Sorry, that sounds so trite given the gravity of the situation).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My sincere condolences and RIP to your friend.

You may not consider this necessary but could I please just ask you to talk to someone, you may not feel any counselling is necessary, and it may not be, but talking to a professional now may really help in the long run, please!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Jeez. When I saw this thread pop up again I was thinking it might be some kind of good news. Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you did all you could for your friends.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very sad.

You did your very best and were a good friend when needed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh no. Horrible. I have no words for this, but think/hope you're strong enough to get through this. If I've got any advice, talking helps.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This is so so sad.

My condolences to you at this sad time. It is hard to deal with this from experience of my 35 year old brother in-law who took his own life 4 years ago.

If you need to chat then please PM me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here