Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] FFS Brunei

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is the sort of behaviour that should land a country with huge sanctions but because it's carried out usually by Muslim countries that supply oil and strategic positions for western military it's all accepted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is the sort of behaviour that should land a country with huge sanctions but because it's carried out by countries that supply oil and strategic positions for western military it's all accepted.

Indeed.

Given our current government's record on such things, we'll probably strike a deal to sell them the stones.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
'Brunei is to begin imposing death by stoning as a punishment for gay sex and adultery from next week, as part of the country’s highly criticised implementation of sharia law.'

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...in-death-by-stoning-as-punishment-for-gay-sex

Welcome to the Middle Ages :facepalm:

It's merely culturally appropriate behaviour so don't be so Islamaphobic. I bet you'll find this is an Israeli lie anyway as we all know Jews control the world's media. Wibble.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sultan would have to stone some members of the family if he knew what they got up to in London in their youth.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

kjgood

Unfortunately Brunei has been drifting towards this for some years, a lovely little country with lovely people thats going to be ruined by religon. The Sultan has been pushed into this course of action to stay in power, the religous leaders and religous police have been becoming more powerful year on year. The penalty for importing drugs has been death for many years, and in my experience there has never been a theft problem probably one of the safest countries I've ever lived in.

Real shame.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Beard, Madam?

donkey_2023022i.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This seems to be happening a lot in Muslim countries around the world. The countries as a whole are getting more moderate, in terms of number of people, but the fundamentalist wings are getting louder and more threatening and the rulers are going along with it

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
This seems to be happening a lot in Muslim countries around the world. The countries as a whole are getting more moderate, in terms of number of people, but the fundamentalist wings are getting louder and more threatening and the rulers are going along with it

Wouldn't see this happening in the United Kingd.... Oh

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I agree, I think there is a parallel in Christian countries too, whilst the populace as a whole are becoming more moderate, the extremes are getting louder

yes, its happening all across europe, many different groups religious, political, social.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This is the sort of behaviour that should land a country with huge sanctions but because it's carried out usually by Muslim countries that supply oil and strategic positions for western military it's all accepted.

But what is the alternative? Go without the oil, and you walk instead of using your car? An Iraq-style invasion to change their ways? Yes, their methods are dreadful, but then so are those in many countries in the world, sadly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here