Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex Vs Kent 2 day friendly

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
After the domination of Hampshire in the previous friendly, Sussex are once again well on top against our neighbors Kent.

We are bowling and currently have Kent at 19-4 from 8.1 overs. Ollie Robinson has bowled 4.1 Overs and has 3-0.

Is this finally our year or should we prepare ourselves for the inevitable once the season begins?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just seen the ball that got Bell-Drummond out: Ollie won't bowl many better this summer. It was a bit wasted for a friendly

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

That's an interesting clip but I'm not sure that it's wholly accurate. For a start, it's at Canterbury so it would be Kent v Sussex but I'm not convinced that's Sussex.

Later in the film, the caption is Gunn and Lee take the field - but Garnet Lee and George Gunn were the Notts openers, not the Sussex ones.

The film is too grainy to make out the badges so I can't see for sure but Vallance Jupp played for Sussex in that game and he was a big, big bloke - I can't see anyone of his build in the field

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Can any one give me an idea of:

Whether Rashid Khan joins us for this years T20*; and

What we can expect form Mir Hamza?

*If so we will have an attack comprising of Jofra, CJ, Tymal, Rashid and Ollie Robinson!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

*If so we will have an attack comprising of Jofra, CJ, Tymal, Rashid and Ollie Robinson!!!
Lovely to have our first proper SCCC thread of 2019. Happy New Year to all...!!!

Rashid Khan is very much with us for T20 but don't expect to see Jofra in a Sussex shirt too often this year.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
It’s the batting that needs improvement on from last season, hopefully a fit Van Der Zyl will help.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Kent lulling us into a false sense of security just like Hampshire did last week so we look even more like amateurs than normal when the serious stuff actually kicks off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've just read Wisden's 2019 season predictions for Sussex: promoted in 2nd place in the league, T20 winners. How depressing! It's over before it's begun.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've just read Wisden's 2019 season predictions for Sussex: promoted in 2nd place in the league, T20 winners. How depressing! It's over before it's begun.

You need to be a believer in String Theory to find that a possibility, unfortunately in this Universe it's unlikely.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
All started too well. Downward spiral ahead.

It's a pre-season friendly! Some of you are reading WAY too much into this. This is Sussex after all, so yeah, enjoy it as this is probably as good as it's going to get this season!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Ollie doesn’t make my T20 side I’m affraid. Didn’t play too much last year, and goes for too many runs in that format. Behind Rashid, Archer, Jordan, Archer, Wiese, Briggs and Beer IMO.

With everyone fit and available, we’re due for some fantastic entertainment again this year! Can’t wait for all formats to start.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here