Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we all forget about the FA Cup for a while

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As we have a really important game on our hands this weekend that might play a huge part in our efforts to remain in this league, I can only hope CH and the players are not as FA Cup hyped up as we all are :albion2:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Who is hyped up?
Its a day out at Wembley. We are going to get battered. At approx 7.35pm next Saturday, we will all troop out asking ourselves what the fuss was all about. Citeh will march on to a Final v Wolves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I genuinely did a double take when I saw the league table yesterday - the first time in a while - and saw we were only five points clear of the drop.

Thank **** we beat Palace.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
B713CCE9-FEAD-4AA3-BBD3-191AB9614F10.jpeg

Edit: you’re

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Southampton game is huge, win and Huddersfield can't catch us, if Fulham lose this weekend as well then they can't catch us either (I know it's unlikely either Huddersfield or Fulham will catch us but it's nice to put them to bed). Putting ourselves 6 points ahead of Southampton will also be massive.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I genuinely did a double take when I saw the league table yesterday - the first time in a while - and saw we were only five points clear of the drop.

Thank **** we beat Palace.

It's only five points, but with games to play against Saints, Cardiff and Newcastle (and a game in hand over teams around us), we've got a decent chance to get things sorted. Hell, if we can beat Saints and get anything from Chelsea we'd probably be just about safe before the Semi-Final rolls around.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's only five points, but with games to play against Saints, Cardiff and Newcastle (and a game in hand over teams around us), we've got a decent chance to get things sorted. Hell, if we can beat Saints and get anything from Chelsea we'd probably be just about safe before the Semi-Final rolls around.

If we beat Saints and Chelsea we'll probably be pushing for Europe!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Southampton game is huge, win and Huddersfield can't catch us, if Fulham lose this weekend as well then they can't catch us either (I know it's unlikely either Huddersfield or Fulham will catch us but it's nice to put them to bed). Putting ourselves 6 points ahead of Southampton will also be massive.

If Southampton and Burnley win and Huddersfield lose, then they are DOWN. Relegated in March, at Selhurst Park. Christ, how grim would that be.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Havent Cardiff got Wolves this weekend ..... pretty sure Cardiff will get something.

IMO losing to saints would put a bit of gloom over us all again.

Avoiding defeat the main thing.

Win would be huge

***edit ** its burnley who have wolves so they will win that.

Cardiff v Chelsea.

Win could see us 8 clear with 7 to go.

That would be MASSIVE

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One game at a time, yeh, I get that, but I remain totally confident in Cardiff cocking it up, so I'm still finding myself humming Abide with Me and dreaming of seafront parades whilst doing the washing up. But yes, hope the players aren't doing the same

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If Southampton and Burnley win and Huddersfield lose, then they are DOWN. Relegated in March, at Selhurst Park. Christ, how grim would that be.

As grim as that would be for Huddersfield, I'd rather go with the following scenario which will be a lot more amusing for us.

We win and Huddersfield win, as they won't be able to catch us anyway and those twats up the road will be below us and back into the relegation mire having lost at home (again) to the team destined to finish bottom of the table.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
As a fan no way will I ignore Wembley until after Saints and will actually hope the thoughts of next Saturday make for a more buoyant less nervous atmosphere at the Amex.

As a player who knows maybe a distraction might take some of the pressure off them too and they might play with a bit more freedom?

But having said that surely ALL the players, squad or first XI starters want to perform and NAIL their flag to the mast for a starting berth a week Saturday?

I’d say it’s almost impossible to compare the ‘failure’ of 1983 and blame the cup as a distraction this time round because in 83 we probably had a squad of 15 and now we’ve got 25 premier league worthy players. If you can’t find 11 highly motivated non distracted players from that then CH would be doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A win would be huge on Saturday, no question. And it would also almost certainly mean if we beat Cardiff then we stay up. Cardiff's fixtures are a real mixed bag, four games they should lose against big guns, but four potentially winnable against teams close to them. Lose to Southampton and/or Cardiff and we are bang in trouble again. So we can't...

Stumpy Tim

Cardiff and Burnley are going to fight it out in my opinion. I suspect Burnley will survive by the skin of their teeth

13th April - Burnley v Cardiff. MASSIVE!

The following Tuesday night Cardiff travel to us... so they're going to be knackered. Good news for us

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Should we get turned over, pressure will build. Not likely to get much at Stamford Bridge, 'Muff will be tricky hence making the Cardiff match exponentially more ginormous.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
bit perplexed why this has become an either/or thing. I think all fans, the club, players are capable of both focusing on Saturday and still looking forward to 5.30pm next Saturday. Several of the players for example seemed to cope ok with playing internationals at the weekend.

Here's the table from the equivalent moment in 1983 by the way.
We had the equivalent of 31 points after 33 games in a 42 game season.
And our run in was W 2, D3, L4 of our remaining 9 games

brightontable.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here