Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed permanent manager

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47691296

Good.
I think he'll be shite and will be sacked before Christmas, as United are lumbering around fighting for the Everton Cup.

Not being Mourinho is hardly a long term strategy for success.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
needs to sort out the defense.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He's done an incredible job, turned the club around and is adored by the club.

This is not only a good day for Man Utd it's a good day for PL football as Dickie Scudamore has previously said the PL needs a successful Man U side to thrive and grow.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The bubble will burst , if it has not already , the recent performances have gone backwards to the moanio way which in the end shows its the players not the manager that are the problem

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's done an incredible job, turned the club around and is adored by the club.

This is not only a good day for Man Utd it's a good day for PL football as Dickie Scudamore has previously said the PL needs a successful Man U side to thrive and grow.
:lolol: Superb.

I think he was always going to get the job but I'd like to see how good he is when the chips are down, as I am convinced that side isn't as good as it's current league position.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47691296

Good.
I think he'll be shite and will be sacked before Christmas, as United are lumbering around fighting for the Everton Cup.

Not being Mourinho is hardly a long term strategy for success.

Disagree, think he’s shown he’s a decent manager - he’s turned around the place.

Sort out the defence and they could be challenging the top 2 next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pochettino is the fella I really feel sorry for, in all of this.

He's been involved in a game of musical chairs and is still stuck with the perennial choking dog that is Spurs.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My bro is a lifelong utd fan, and he's been behind this one from day one... why? Fergie is heavily involved, with Ole open to his involvement and advice, actually seeking it out rather than trying to prove he's a 'new Fergie' on his own. This is perhaps why the rose garden is suddenly in full bloom, and although Sir As health keeps him at arms length, his shadow is looming large over that dressing room in a positive way. If Solskjaer can learn from him, and actually replicate some of that magic, even at 50% of what Fergie achieved he'll be seen as a rip-roaring success in comparison to the other recent relative failures.

This and the retro appointment of Terry Phelan, well, again reeks of a Fergie influenced decision - evolution not revolution was the key to utd carrying on after his retirement - Moyes went his own way, believing in his own limited abilities way too much... the rest, until this moment, is an uninspiring and expensive history.

It's going to be an interesting next few months at Olde Trafford.

Time, as ever, will deliver all the answers to all of the riddles.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fair play, he does seem a genuinely likeable guy and it's always refreshing to see one of the big clubs listening to the fans and sticking to it's traditions.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Poor appointment but I'm glad. Should be another win against that lot at the Amex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My bro is a lifelong utd fan, and he's been behind this one from day one... why? Fergie is heavily involved, with Ole open to his involvement and advice, actually seeking it out rather than trying to prove he's a 'new Fergie' on his own. This is perhaps why the rose garden is suddenly in full bloom, and although Sir As health keeps him at arms length, his shadow is looming large over that dressing room in a positive way. If Solskjaer can learn from him, and actually replicate some of that magic, even at 50% of what Fergie achieved he'll be seen as a rip-roaring success in comparison to the other recent relative failures.

This and the retro appointment of Terry Phelan, well, again reeks of a Fergie influenced decision - evolution not revolution was the key to utd carrying on after his retirement - Moyes went his own way, believing in his own limited abilities way too much... the rest, until this moment, is an uninspiring and expensive history.

It's going to be an interesting next few months at Olde Trafford.

Time, as ever, will deliver all the answers to all of the riddles.

Terry Phelan, from Coronation Street??

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I agree he deserves the job. However i am not so sure he can build a team to challenge at the level United want to be challenging at. It's one thing persuading players who had downed tools on another Manager to take them up again. But can he maintain relationships with players once he alienates them himself when they don't always play. That is the biggest challenge for any Manager of a top PL side who have multi million pound players in the squad. I honestly don't think he has that within him. He is the darling of the media at the moment but that can turn very quickly at a club like United. And like [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] says. Not being Mourhino isn't enough

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don’t care who is in charge of another premier league club.

I’m pleased for him on a human level but really couldn’t give a toss.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The ULTIMATE example of why, when a managerial vacancy is going, it's mind-numbing that fans rule out managers based on their previous roles, as if it's some kind of proof they aren't good enough.

Every job is a brand new set of players, circumstances, staff etc etc. You have literally no idea how that manager will do until you put them in the role.

On paper this guy got relegated with Cardiff and was managing in a low-standard league. If he was linked to us prior to Utd, people would have been raising those as reasons not to appoint.

That's why I'm calling for Joe Kinnear to replace Chris. #givejoeago

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here