Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baseball season 2019

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Getting ready to head to London for today's game, will be my second ever MLB game.

Apparently next year's London games will be Cardinals vs. Cubs (according to the BBC, at least).

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Great advert for the sport this! Unusual. More runs in the first 7 innings than I’ve witnessed in the three full games I’ve seen stateside

Jul 7, 2003
Just announced that if this goes on until 22:55 it will break the record for the longest 9 innings game in MLB history.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Highlight of the night was Harry and Megan with the Yankees shirt for Adorable Archie! Crowd went absolutely bonkers.:clap:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Braves take 2 out of 3 in New York. Good win for the Mets tonight. But still 12 behind the Braves who lead the division by 5.5 games.

Hit a new low on Saturday against the Braves with 7 straight losses, lot of boos from the Mets Fans at Citifield. Saw the 6-2 win by the Braves on Friday and de Grom was just outpitched by your rookie Mike Soroka - he's the youngest Braves pitcher to make the All Star team

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Not sure how many went over the weekend...took my 12 year old and she loved it but even she baulked at £4.50 for an ice cream.

I am glad I went, even though money is tight these days, I was a little kid again when I witnessed the field for the first time. Sat behind two West Ham fans who admitted it looked a better baseball stadium than a football one...like we don't know about running tracks and atmosphere.

Daughter wants to go again next summer so that is one more battle I have won :)

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Hit a new low on Saturday against the Braves with 7 straight losses, lot of boos from the Mets Fans at Citifield. Saw the 6-2 win by the Braves on Friday and de Grom was just out pitched by your rookie Mike Soroka - he's the youngest Braves pitcher to make the All Star team

Soroka is only going to get better. We now have Acuna Jr in the Home Run Derby as well, along with Alonso from the Mets. Could be fun watching that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Getting ready to head to London for today's game, will be my second ever MLB game.

Apparently next year's London games will be Cardinals vs. Cubs (according to the BBC, at least).

How was it then ? It looked like tremendous entertainment from the highlights I saw. The fact that the London Stadium is not really a proper "ballpark" seems to have added an unexpected dimension to the games there, with a huge foul-off area and no high perimeter walls, making home runs more plentiful than usual. I really must try to get along to next years matchup there.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8973280 said:
Sad to hear of the death of the Angel's pitcher today. Found unresponsive in his hotel room before game. Foul play not suspected but cause of death not released.

RIP Tyler Skaggs

And only 27. RIP.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8973280 said:
Sad to hear of the death of the Angel's pitcher today. Found unresponsive in his hotel room before game. Foul play not suspected but cause of death not released.

RIP Tyler Skaggs

Awful RIP

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Phillies came to town for a 3 game set and went home having lost the series 2-1. They did shut out the Braves in the first game on Tuesday 2-0, but then lost 9-2 on Wed and then 12-6 last night. I think the Braves are now equal with the Twins for the most HR in MLB. Braves 6 ahead of the Nats in the NL East. Marlins now in town for a 3 game set before the All Star break.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Phillies came to town for a 3 game set and went home having lost the series 2-1. They did shut out the Braves in the first game on Tuesday 2-0, but then lost 9-2 on Wed and then 12-6 last night. I think the Braves are now equal with the Twins for the most HR in MLB. Braves 6 ahead of the Nats in the NL East. Marlins now in town for a 3 game set before the All Star break.

I quoted a wrong stat. Apparently the Braves and the Twins have, since 15th May both hit 87 home runs which leads MLB.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In New York so have just booked tickets to see the Mets v Phillies this evening, so heading out to Citi Field imminently.

We're also off to Yankee Stadium tomorrow night to, but to see New York City FC play.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
In New York so have just booked tickets to see the Mets v Phillies this evening, so heading out to Citi Field imminently.

We're also off to Yankee Stadium tomorrow night to, but to see New York City FC play.

Hope you are having a great time. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here