Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Baseball season 2019

2 Not allowed!
    Haven't seen any other threads on this. Opening day kicks off for the Mets tomorrow against the Nationals. Being a Mets fan I look forward to this with the usual mix of optimism followed by the inevitable collapse - but you gotta live in hope. They've just signed de Grom on a 5 year contract which gives me some hope, but just hope it's not another case of getting burned by an expensive long term contract. Going to watch them at CitiField next Thursday - Go Mets!
    "It's all bullshit folks, and it's bad for you" George Carlin

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Go Dodgers!!!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napier View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Go Dodgers!!!
      Booooooooo! Four game sweep by the D'backs, please.
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.

1 Not allowed!
      I've lumped on my Minnesota Twins to hit 85 wins this season @ 4/5. Slightly mingy odds, but it matters not. The Indians will probably dominate the ALC, but I'm hoping the Twins can scrape a wildcard behind them.

Just PUMPED to have an MLB option to watch pretty much every night now for the next 6 months
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

1 Not allowed!
      Oh, and I went to Citi Field a couple of years back, saw the Mets beat the Twins 3-1 (London mayor Sadiq Khan threw the opening pitch, for some reason)

Great stadium, and lovely fans. I literally had about 4 hours chatting with complete strangers once they clocked my limey accent and Twins shirt.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lyndhurst 14 View Post
      Haven't seen any other threads on this. Opening day kicks off for the Mets tomorrow against the Nationals. Being a Mets fan I look forward to this with the usual mix of optimism followed by the inevitable collapse - but you gotta live in hope. They've just signed de Grom on a 5 year contract which gives me some hope, but just hope it's not another case of getting burned by an expensive long term contract. Going to watch them at CitiField next Thursday - Go Mets!
      Glad The Mets are in MLB Division with The Phillies. Means we’ll finish above at least one team this year. In Harper we trust. Next Baseball related post in October.

UTA!!!
      A looooonnnggggg way away. My love of the Albion keeps me connected to my roots. If you can easily get to the game....PLEASE don't moan...regardless of the performance or the score, I'd love to see us tonked 5-0, just to see the blue and white stripes.

0 Not allowed!
      The Minnesota Twins played the Cinderella role nicely in 2017, but the glass slipper fell off and shattered into smithereens in 2018. They lost 84 games and finished a distant second in the AL Central.

It's a new season now, and the Twins have a new look.

Part of it is the sheer power the Twins have lined up for 2019. Newcomer Nelson Cruz can hit them as many as 40 home runs. Fellow newcomers Jonathan Schoop, C.J. Cron and Marwin Gonzalez and incumbents Eddie Rosario and Max Kepler could hit 20 apiece.

Byron Buxton might also do that and then some if he finally realizes his potential this year. To this end, Neil Paine of FiveThirtyEight noted that Buxton's red-hot spring is indeed worth getting excited about.

On the pitching side of things, Jose Berrios and Kyle Gibson will need more support than they got last year. They'll get it if new pitching coach Wes Johnson's unique methods translate from college to the pros. There's already evidence that they will, as improved fastball velocity has been a theme of Twins camp.

A team like this has 95-win upside, which should be plenty good enough to win the AL Central.
      *excited*

0 Not allowed!
      Go Braves
      NL East is going to be close this year.
      "Is that an Afghan melon?"

0 Not allowed!
      Adding Paul Goldschmitt gives The Cardinals genuine optimism, but the NLC is not the procession it used to be as the Cubbies and the Brew crew are both strong and even the Reds have made significant additions for 2019. It could be a four or even five team contest this year.

Still, you've gotta love the Redbirds.
      I have not forgiven Lewes Council, or DeVeggie, or Archer, or Bellotti, or Stanley, or Bailey, or Whiteside, or Challis, or Saints and Spurs for that 0-0 in 1978.
      I don't get over things and I don't move on easily. OK?

1 Not allowed!
      My son has crossed the Atlantic and set up home in Ontario. I'm going to visit next month and taking in Bluejay's A's at Rogers centre.

I then hope to go and watch the Albion Newcastle game with the Toronto Seagulls in the pub.
      I have not forgiven Lewes Council, or DeVeggie, or Archer, or Bellotti, or Stanley, or Bailey, or Whiteside, or Challis, or Saints and Spurs for that 0-0 in 1978.
      I don't get over things and I don't move on easily. OK?