Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Bad news for petrolheads!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Trust me you’re wrong. There is no sign to state where the 30mph speed limit ends and the national speed limit applies as is required by law. Therefore the 30mph limit continues to where you join the dual carriageway upon which the limit is 70mph.

How do I know you’re wrong? My neighbour was done for speeding on that bend one night. :D (if you know that junction, you’ll know exactly where the police were sitting)

They are spending millions on that junction as it’s so dangerous, along with making it three lanes along that stretch.

I was looking at google earth and they have different photos on streetview. One shows the temporary speed limit down to 30mph approaching the traffic lights and the attached is the view by the traffic lights for the slip heading south and there clearly is a temp sign showing the national limit!

With regard to speed then, there is no way you should be attempting to join a dual carriageway at 30mph. Maybe not quite 60 by easily 50. Seems though that a bit more could be done to make the slip road a bit better.

B3073.pngB3073.pngB3073.png

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I was looking at google earth and they have different photos on streetview. One shows the temporary speed limit down to 30mph approaching the traffic lights and the attached is the view by the traffic lights for the slip heading south and there clearly is a temp sign showing the national limit!

With regard to speed then, there is no way you should be attempting to join a dual carriageway at 30mph. Maybe not quite 60 by easily 50. Seems though that a bit more could be done to make the slip road a bit better.

View attachment 106730View attachment 106730View attachment 106730

There is a temporary roadsign showing the national speed limit because it isn’t normally 60, so no permenant sign exists there. Whilst those roadworks were in place you could safely enter the dual carriageway without filtering into existing traffic which was restricted to the outside lane so the national speed was brought forward to where the temp sign was situated. :D

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More bad news.

You can't choose which side of the road to drive on

[tweet]1111380763272855552[/tweet]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is a temporary roadsign showing the national speed limit because it isn’t normally 60, so no permenant sign exists there. Whilst those roadworks were in place you could safely enter the dual carriageway without filtering into existing traffic which was restricted to the outside lane so the national speed was brought forward to where the temp sign was situated. :D

Where does the 30mph limit start then. Again, on Google, it showed a temporary 30mph on the approach to the traffic lights, presumably for the road works.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More bad news.

You can't choose which side of the road to drive on

absolute cockwomble. i see this a lot, drivers cutting the corner turning in, thinking those silly lines dont matter.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So these are quite clearly temporary limits. Possible that the sign that I showed on google for the speed to go back up to national limit had either fallen over or was incorrectly removed. If you look at the first picture I posted, if you're mate was caught after where that sign should have been he may well have an argument that the speed limit didn't apply to the stretch of road he was on

We had similar near Burgess Hill. Temporary limits approaching road works near a roundabout on the A2300 but the temporary sign reverting back to national limit had fallen down!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So these are quite clearly temporary limits. Possible that the sign that I showed on google for the speed to go back up to national limit had either fallen over or was incorrectly removed. If you look at the first picture I posted, if you're mate was caught after where that sign should have been he may well have an argument that the speed limit didn't apply to the stretch of road he was on

We had similar near Burgess Hill. Temporary limits approaching road works near a roundabout on the A2300 but the temporary sign reverting back to national limit had fallen down!

The temporary national speed limit sign has gone, there never was one there before the roadworks and there isn’t one now that bits finished. It’s back to 30 as before.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here