Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this our Cup Final?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Is this our Cup Final?

For once, that term, routinely applied in a scornfully derisive manner to minnows facing giants, seems oddly appropriate. But in a good way.

It's all the FA's fault really: pimping out Wembley – traditionally a shimmering prospect for the competition's glorious culmination – as a ready vehicle for extorting further countless £millions from supporters attending the two semifinals.

But look at it this way. On 6 April 2019, Brighton & Hove Albion are facing Manchester City at Wembley… for the prospect of a match a month later, at Wembley, against Wolverhampton Wanderers… Or Watford.

Leaving aside the actual prize, that sequence of football matches just seems a case of Lord Mayor's Show and dustcarts.

Probably just me. Or is anyone else seeing the Citeh encounter as a far more glamorous and hugely memorable occasion, and one that will live long in the memory?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We went up to Wembley in 2019
To play Guardiola and make History.

The next lines remain unwritten....to be continued.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I must confess to most probably having a lump in my throat when I see our manager, Mr C Hughton lead our boy's out side by side with arguably one of the best football manager's on the planet at the home of football, we deserve to be there, we have a fine manager, we are Brighton and Hove Albion. :bhasign:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
this is our second FA Cup semi final in over 100 years of trying. A great success already but to get to the final we need to win .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Blimey, I know it's been sunny, but I didn't think it was hot enough to be sat out in it for too long...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Seeing as I'm not going to be in the country for the final YES! Yes it is

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I must confess to most probably having a lump in my throat when I see our manager, Mr C Hughton lead our boy's out side by side with arguably one of the best football manager's on the planet at the home of football, we deserve to be there, we have a fine manager, we are Brighton and Hove Albion. :bhasign:

I think we'll have to make the final for that to happen.

But yes, it is our final, and it looks like we will have crowd numbers advantage at least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saturday vs Southampton is our first cup final of the season.

I think you ought to scroll back a couple of games.
palace was out first 'cup final', not just for all the associated reasons but mInly because of league position and the fact it was away.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
My Dad is adamant that this is the easier draw, as there is absolutely no expectation that we might actually win - which there would be if we'd drawn either Watford or Wolves.

I'm in a happy place at the moment, I've got a trip to Wembley with my Dad and son to see an FA Cup semi-final, something that had never occurred to me might happen even a few short years ago.

:)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think the fact that the club has issued the special replica tops to commemorate the semi final, makes me wonder if they think it's our final too!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It is definitely not "our Cup Final" as that phrase is reserved for condescendingly perjorative usage.

It will be the the best day out at Wembley we've had as a club for 36 years (I'm backing it to be more fun than Notts County in 91 whatever happens) and for many fans it will be the best in their lifetime so far. An occasion to be enjoyed to the maximum however you go about it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Was Millwall away our Cup Quarter final?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here