Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reasonably interesting and pointless football facts

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Cruyff had his own Dutch kit made when Adidas were sponsors! He refused to wear the three black stripes down his sleeves because he said it clashed with his Puma sponsors, so he got the Dutch to make him a top with only 2 stripes!

N17

Jun 21, 2011
In Gaelic, Pittodrie, the home of Aberdeen roughly translates as s*** heap (‘place of manure’ or ‘hill of dung’ to be polite)

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Jimmy Rimmer is the only player to have won European Cup winners’ medals with two different English clubs

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Substitutes were first introduced in English football in the1965/66 season. And only 1 could be used. Imagine that today!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If a team has ever won the FA Cup they are entitled to use triangular shaped corner flags at their home ground.

*this is a myth BTW rather than a pointless fact.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vaguely on-topic...

Contrary to the answer given by a contestant on The Chase, the only country in the world to start with the letter Q is not, repeat NOT, Kuwait :wozza:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Brighton's League record vs Chelsea is indeed pointless. We've only played them 7 times in the League, and we've lost them all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In Gaelic, Pittodrie, the home of Aberdeen roughly translates as s*** heap (‘place of manure’ or ‘hill of dung’ to be polite)

'Smelly heap' (Odrie, as in 'Odour') my taxi driver translated it as, last visit.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
'Smelly heap' (Odrie, as in 'Odour') my taxi driver translated it as, last visit.

Ordure

VelvetySpottedFanworms-small.gif

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rochdale have been in the third and fourth tiers of the league since 1921, never climbing higher or dropping lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Rochdale have been in the third and fourth tiers of the league since 1921, never climbing higher or dropping lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crikey, just imagine that for a minute!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here