Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The greatest player BHAFC have ever had

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone can play well on a billiard table with not a blade of grass out of place.

There's been a few who have gone some way to disprove that.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We've had lots of great players. And Dave Cameron :lolol:

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Vicente for skill, technical ability. Bruno, Ward and Zamora as club legends. The rest didn't stay long enough.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lawrenson was the best.

Bobby Smith I was the greatest.

Smith was an integral part of Bill Nicholson's famous double winning Tottenham team of 1960/1961. He was Tottenham's top scorer in the double-winning season, with 33 goals scored in 43 games, including in the first of the two goals in the 1961 FA Cup Final.[3] The team also went on to retain the FA Cup in 1962 (scoring in the Final again) and win the 1963 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. He is one of Spurs' all-time top goal scorers, second only to Jimmy Greaves, with 208 goals scored in 317 senior matches,[4] including 12 hat-tricks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Smith_(footballer,_born_1933)

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Lawrenson was the best.

Bobby Smith I was the greatest.

Smith was an integral part of Bill Nicholson's famous double winning Tottenham team of 1960/1961. He was Tottenham's top scorer in the double-winning season, with 33 goals scored in 43 games, including in the first of the two goals in the 1961 FA Cup Final.[3] The team also went on to retain the FA Cup in 1962 (scoring in the Final again) and win the 1963 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. He is one of Spurs' all-time top goal scorers, second only to Jimmy Greaves, with 208 goals scored in 317 senior matches,[4] including 12 hat-tricks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Smith_(footballer,_born_1933)

Yeah but apart from all that I still think Peter Ward was the best!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Best - Lawrenson, a simply world class player.

Favourite - Jimmy Case (honorable mentions - Wardy and Bobby)

Potential - Bissouma

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It has to be Bobby Smith. Trouble is it's only us old uns who remember him!

What players played in an FA Cup Final before joining the Albion? (Therefore great enough to be seen on TV) I can think of 4 immediately. including Jimmy Case who might register as number 2 greatest.

Last edited:

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
It will take another 4-5 years to find out but don't be surprised if you are watching the Albion's greatest ever player. (And this is from someone who watched Foster, Ward and Lawrenson) :wink:

Bobby Smith or Mark Lawrenson
Honorable mentions to Ward,Vincente,Rees(all over so quick)and Worthington.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Small/Byrne. Joint bid.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Vicente, although we only drew the night he ruined Danny Murphy was a memory I will cherish forever. Surprised Garry Nelson is never mentioned in these type threads quality striker for Albion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It has to be Bobby Smith. Trouble is it's only us old uns who remember him!

Hence this isn't a true 'greatest player' thread, as none are. Best from 60s on yes, but not all time.

Lawrenson in my life time, hands down (I never saw Bobby Smith so can't judge).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here