Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The greatest player BHAFC have ever had

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Vicente by a country mile. I don't want to take anything away from any of the other players who are "great" - Ward, Zamora, Lawrenson, Bridge - but Vicente for sheer excitement, and for this just before he smashed in the free kick v Hull in 2013. :bowdown:
View attachment 106556

He played football on a different plane to almost anything else I've seen. His vision, weight of pass, balance, he was poetry, flowing around a football pitch like football could be ballet. Fleeting as he was, we witnessed true genius in an Albion shirt.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Peter Ward , for a player built like a stick (not now :) ) he was incredibly difficult to muscle off the ball , he had the balance of a mountain goat and a eye for goal as good as they get , brilliant skillful player who for me just pips BZ as our best player in my lifetime obviously .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Vicente for me too. Lawro and Ward clearly great players, but Vicente was genuinely like nothing I've ever seen. He'd run toward a player with the ball rolling at his feet, and then he'd somehow send them the wrong way, and glide by them, WITHOUT TOUCHING THE BALL. Amazing.

I stand by my theory that he is a JEDI.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Lawrenson by some distance.

I always recall that pre-season friendly or whatever it was. I stood in the West next to the tunnel so could hear Mullers all game.

Next day, the Argus had Mullers waxing lyrical, quoting that he had never seen Beckenbauer play any better than that etc etc.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
A lot of super players have been mentioned. The best full back I have seen in my time was Mel Hopkins,ex spurs

I should have added best players I have seen Mark Lawrensen and Vicente

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Wardy for me.
Skill, excitement, sheer entertainment, and the anticipation of the crowd, once he had the ball, had to be experienced to be believed.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I trump you with Tommy Cook just before my time.

Jimmy Langley, (1950s)equally as good as Wayne.
Got to agree with the Vincente brigade, I have not yet seen a better player at the Amex. That’s going to get a few of you replying.
Actually I have seen many players in a Brighton shirt that I could nominate, but am sticking with Jimmy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Charlie Webb .

Biggest icon, for sure.

"Here you have a town full of people with money, yet hardly one of them will give us a hand. Without attractive new players and a winning team you can't get gates and without gates you can't have money." But where some think and act in thousands of pounds, Charles is compelled to do the same in pence, and the consistently good football of Brighton is a tribute in itself ... His great knowledge of the game has saved his club money in the way of transfer fees, and the reserve team is composed entirely of players found by him, costing not a penny. Even the first team cost very little, the highest fee paid being £50, and yet Brighton have been keen fighters for promotion for the past three seasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Webb

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ashley Barnes

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nicky Forster.

Him...and Peter Ward...oh, and Jimmy Case...oh...Zamora..oh and...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Peter Ward Anticipation of crowd when he got ball was amazing. Win or lose there was always something he did that was talked about after. Have always thought he could have done well at Forest playing with Birtles. Ended up playing with Wallace who was smaller then Ward.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Matty Ryan is the best keeper we've had. Its him wot is keeping us where we are.

Peter Ward and Vicente were both fantastic wizards of goal scoring entertainment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here