Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The greatest player BHAFC have ever had

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Dave Turner and Peter Grummitt were also two fine players I'd almost foregotten.Of course many on here never saw Lawrenson and even fewer Bobby Smith.When I hear people comparing Dunk with Lawrenson(who may be a pain as a pundit but a hell of a player) and Ward/Zamora(fine players) with Smith I shake my head.Amongst the rubbish players there have been some fine players but Smith/Lawrenson head and shoulders the best.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well he wasn't "really" ours but Wayne Bridge was pretty special in his one season on loan for us !
Garry Nelson, Jimmy Case, Bobby Zamora were all rather good too

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Liam Brady

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It will take another 4-5 years to find out but don't be surprised if you are watching the Albion's greatest ever player. (And this is from someone who watched Foster, Ward and Lawrenson) :wink:

.... and Towner

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The OP seems to hint to the future. Lawro was excellent for us, but his best came later. Wardy was very good but not technically as good as some others. Muzza is now a club legend and rightly so much to my earlier dismay. Vicente was technically amazing but his best had been before, you could almost add Frank Worthington to that, when he was sober and could be bothered.

But the future? Bernardo. Looks excellent to me, time will tell.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Another one for the older among us - Barry Bridges - I remember when he first joined us and pass after pass went astray. It took me a while to realise it wasn't Bridges that was poor, but his team mates who couldn't read a ball into space to save their collective lives.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Another one for the older among us - Barry Bridges - I remember when he first joined us and pass after pass went astray. It took me a while to realise it wasn't Bridges that was poor, but his team mates who couldn't read a ball into space to save their collective lives.
Yes both Bridges and Bert Murray were good signings from Chelsea might be just past their best but more than useful for us.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Vicente by a country mile. I don't want to take anything away from any of the other players who are "great" - Ward, Zamora, Lawrenson, Bridge - but Vicente for sheer excitement, and for this just before he smashed in the free kick v Hull in 2013. :bowdown:
IMG_0462.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here