Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Scott Walker

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Sad news.

Brilliant voice, experimentalist, and arguably produced the best English language versions of Jacques Brel songs.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I remember buying the Nite Flights EP , with all 4 of his excellent songs from the last Walker Brothers album , being blown away by them .
I've been fascinated by him since then , and all his albums since then have been astounding in various ways .
Really sad i never got to see him live , but that never seemed to be likely over the last 30 or 40 years.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
RIP Scott. Fantastic voice.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
RIP. Never made it 'Easy on yourself'. But I guess there's 'No regrets'. Wonderful distinctive voice of the 60s and beyond.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
One of the great voices of my formative years. You had to live through those times to know how popular the Walker Brothers were.
R.I.P.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shit, I am very late to this I have only just found out that Scott had died. I was away and obviously not paying attention when this happened RIP

What a voice

Many many songs of his I loved but this is one that I keep coming back to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLOTAJQF0Fo

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I knew he had passed, but, since the thread has reactivated, I would suggest that 'No Regrets' is one of the finest singles of the mid 70s. I still have my copy:thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I knew he had passed, but, since the thread has reactivated, I would suggest that 'No Regrets' is one of the finest singles of the mid 70s. I still have my copy:thumbsup:

I always feel guilty about liking it, but it is a great song superbly performed and what a voice. A gloriously over the top production.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here