Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs new stadium

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Colleague of mine was there, has some great pics - does look good. Still a right pain in the arse to get home after an evening game though - best PL stadium with the worst transport links ??

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Colleague of mine was there, has some great pics - does look good. Still a right pain in the arse to get home after an evening game though - best PL stadium with the worst transport links ??

It makes me laugh when people moan on here about transport to/from Falmer, as if other Prem clubs have a magic carpet service to whisk everyone away in minutes. Transport around WHL has always been difficult but with Spuds' increased capacity the queues for trains/tube/buses are going to be horrific.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It makes me laugh when people moan on here about transport to/from Falmer, as if other Prem clubs have a magic carpet service to whisk everyone away in minutes. Transport around WHL has always been difficult but with Spuds' increased capacity the queues for trains/tube/buses are going to be horrific.

Exactly.....struggling to think of many grounds where transport is much, if any, better than ours TBH.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lost interest once they made the changes to the design. No artisan cheese room, no party.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
They have been/are poor, can't really argue with that.

However, there are two stations within 10 mins walk of the ground with WHL station redevelopment due to be completed in the next couple of months.

A new station called Meridian Water is opening in May and is a 20 minute walk.

Then you have have Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale which are 25-30 min walks.

5 stations within a 30 minutes walking radius is not really that bad.

If they eventually extended the Victoria underground line to the existing sidings at Northumberland Park it would solve any lingering issues (no idea if that will ever happen).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really?

SIZE apart, the Amex is a much better stadium than Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford.

Agree. I'd say the Amex is the best medium-sized stadium in the country. As for the top six, I do like the two libraries in Manchester and North London, with nice stadia even if they lack atmosphere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree. I'd say the Amex is the best medium-sized stadium in the country. As for the top six, I do like the two libraries in Manchester and North London, with nice stadia even if they lack atmosphere.

***cough*** Selhurst ***cough***

hahahahaha only joking!

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Beavertown Gamma Ray & Neck Oil!

I’m very jealous!
I am clinging on to the hope that this will be available at The Amex at some point. Heineken have a 49% stake in it and have started selling it in their bars. They also obviously have the drinks contract at The Amex.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Always amazes when people talk about queues for drinks and food at any event. You have say 30,000 people arriving at your stadium in a one to two hour time frame, they all want drink(s) and food and unless you have thousands of kiosks for an event that's used twenty three times a season you are going to get queues. Add to this our desire to have the cheapest food and the cheapest drink and you get minimum wage staffing that may attract people with the level of skill and ability that may go with that level of pay.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
looks like the cheapest place in London to get a pint.

Will be interesting to see how they cope over the next few years paying things off and not ripping off your everyday fans. Be interesting to see if Arsenal will respond with their extreme ticket pricing for the 6/7th best team in the country.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a pity Palace are the first visitors. It'll be like moving into a new home, and inviting a dirty piss-stained drugged-up tramp to the housewarming party.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“The stadium has its own microbrewery which produces craft beer.”

This is debatable given Heineken’s involvement.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I'm not really singling out Spurs for transport criticism, more our own fans who moan about Falmer transport. As an away fan you don't know all the transport options but I remember it being quite a hike to Seven Sisters and then having to queue. Likewise I had to queue for ages at the tube after going to the Emirates. Anfield this season it took me a good hour before I could get on a bus to the city centre. So my point is that at most stadia it takes time to disperse a big crowd onto transport and Albion is no worse than anyone else.

They have been/are poor, can't really argue with that.

However, there are two stations within 10 mins walk of the ground with WHL station redevelopment due to be completed in the next couple of months.

A new station called Meridian Water is opening in May and is a 20 minute walk.

Then you have have Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale which are 25-30 min walks.

5 stations within a 30 minutes walking radius is not really that bad.

If they eventually extended the Victoria underground line to the existing sidings at Northumberland Park it would solve any lingering issues (no idea if that will ever happen).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a pity Palace are the first visitors. It'll be like moving into a new home, and inviting a dirty piss-stained drugged-up tramp to the housewarming party.
A pity for everyone but the Nigels' Spurs-supporting black-clad cheerleader obviously. For him it's a dream come true.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here