Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Islamophobia?
    Why are you trying to de-rail the thread? do you think that they are justified?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I think if politicians tweet this rubbish they might want to consider leaving politics altogether and if they insist on spouting then do it at the golf club or the masons with their mates, out of earshot of normal folk.
      "Brighton have taken 4 points off us this season, you do realise that innit, they've taken 4 points off Arsenal Football Club. Brighton and Hove Albion have taken 4 points off ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB. Let that sink in. Let that sink in. Let. That. Sink. In blud. F*cking Brighton. Pebbles and sticks of f*cking rock. Pebbles and sticks of rock, blud. That's what they're f*cking known for."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Washie View Post
      Why are you trying to de-rail the thread? do you think that they are justified?
      I don't care for any politician but this is about what Islamophobia means. He certainly made a racist comment.

If I made a comment about a Khashoggi Kebbab would I be classed as Saudiphobic?

1 Not allowed!
      I don't care for any politician but this is about what Islamophobia means. He certainly made a racist comment.

If I made a comment about a Khashoggi Kebbab would I be classed as Saudiphobic?
      Think I’ll just class you as a knobhead and go to bed.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      What is Islamophobia?
      I know this has been recommended to you already, but here you go:
      https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/de...n/islamophobia

0 Not allowed!
      A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent and excessive fear of an object or situation.[1] The phobia typically results in a rapid onset of fear and is present for more than six months.[1] The affected person goes to great lengths to avoid the situation or object, to a degree greater than the actual danger posed.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
      I know this has been recommended to you already, but here you go:
      https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/de...n/islamophobia
      Nah the definition is ambiguous and fluid.

The Labour party has formally adopted a definition of Islamophobia, arguing that it is vital to tackling the rise of far-right racism.

The definition reads: “Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness.”

More than 750 British Muslim organisations, 80 academics and 50 MPs have backed the definition. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-islamophobia

Mind you all of the above are accused of antisemitism ironically anyway.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

The Labour party has formally adopted a definition of Islamophobia, arguing that it is vital to tackling the rise of far-right racism.

The definition reads: “Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness.”

More than 750 British Muslim organisations, 80 academics and 50 MPs have backed the definition. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-islamophobia

Can you take us through which of the 750 organisations, 80 academics and 50 MPs have been accused of antisemitism ?
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

You don't get invited to many parties, do you.
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      You can't even read and yet you respond. It's really quite sad. Like a beached whale desperately thrashing about on a beach, except there's no one willing to push you back into the sea. Because the whale is a ****.
      NSC European Championship Winner 2020

0 Not allowed!

The point here is : Why does it matter?
      The original thread is a out the back-door reinstatement of some islamophobic/racist Tory councillors and you've turned it into an etymology discussion. Surely the original post by the OP is a more pressing topic of discussion that the dictionary-binfest that you've turned this thread into