Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tory Islamophobia: suspended councillors quietly reinstated

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think if politicians tweet this rubbish they might want to consider leaving politics altogether and if they insist on spouting then do it at the golf club or the masons with their mates, out of earshot of normal folk.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't care for any politician but this is about what Islamophobia means. He certainly made a racist comment.

If I made a comment about a Khashoggi Kebbab would I be classed as Saudiphobic?

Think I’ll just class you as a knobhead and go to bed.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent and excessive fear of an object or situation.[1] The phobia typically results in a rapid onset of fear and is present for more than six months.[1] The affected person goes to great lengths to avoid the situation or object, to a degree greater than the actual danger posed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I know this has been recommended to you already, but here you go:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/islamophobia

Nah the definition is ambiguous and fluid.

The Labour party has formally adopted a definition of Islamophobia, arguing that it is vital to tackling the rise of far-right racism.

The definition reads: “Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness.”

More than 750 British Muslim organisations, 80 academics and 50 MPs have backed the definition. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/labour-formally-adopts-definition-islamophobia

Mind you all of the above are accused of antisemitism ironically anyway.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

The Labour party has formally adopted a definition of Islamophobia, arguing that it is vital to tackling the rise of far-right racism.

The definition reads: “Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness.”

More than 750 British Muslim organisations, 80 academics and 50 MPs have backed the definition. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/labour-formally-adopts-definition-islamophobia

Can you take us through which of the 750 organisations, 80 academics and 50 MPs have been accused of antisemitism ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

You don't get invited to many parties, do you.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

The point here is : Why does it matter?
The original thread is a out the back-door reinstatement of some islamophobic/racist Tory councillors and you've turned it into an etymology discussion. Surely the original post by the OP is a more pressing topic of discussion that the dictionary-binfest that you've turned this thread into

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The point here is : Why does it matter?
The original thread is a out the back-door reinstatement of some islamophobic/racist Tory councillors and you've turned it into an etymology discussion. Surely the original post by the OP is a more pressing topic of discussion that the dictionary-binfest that you've turned this thread into

What label would you like to give to the Clown Prince "The Master of Delusion" and his barbaric act of self defence of his Islamic Kingdom?

Clown Prince-001.jpg

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's barely more than a week since someone murdered 50 innocent people attending religious services in a Mosque in New Zealand, yet on this thread we have someone arguing that bigotry against islam is made up , presumably by social justice warriors or snowflakes or libtards or whatever alt right insult is in fashion this week. Symyjym you are a dangerous cretin and a heartless moron and i hope you are removed at least from this thread and ideally the whole board.

It's hardly surprising. He seems to be wholly educated by youtube and has even given creedence to the Sandyhook conspiracy theory on NSC's pages. Nasty little shit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Classic snowflakery by Symyjym.

Shut down discussion by focusing on semantics. Its political correctness gone mad I tells ya.

Some people will go to great lengths to protect their Tory overlords.......... pity this is not reciprocated.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Classic snowflakery by Symyjym.

Shut down discussion by focusing on semantics. Its political correctness gone mad I tells ya.

Some people will go to great lengths to protect their Tory overlords.......... pity this is not reciprocated.

Ah thank you, 2+2=5. I was waiting for someone to label me but your comment exposes more about you than myself.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ah thank you, 2+2=5. I was waiting for someone to label me but your comment exposes more about you than myself.

If you had an ounce of self awareness you would realise what your posts on this thread are saying about you and you would let it slide down the pages and into obscurity.

Anyway, I expect you haven't so carry on.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's hardly surprising. He seems to be wholly educated by youtube and has even given creedence to the Sandyhook conspiracy theory on NSC's pages. Nasty little shit.

Oh that was the time when NSC lost the plot when I dared to question Robbie Parker turning the tears on for the cameras at a press conference? So I am a nasty little shit for questioning that?

I remember getting more abuse from posters like you than when posters on here have accused the McCann's of killing their own daughter.

Go and troll someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here