Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Percy Tau

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So good he has two identical threads. One for each goal? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah sorry. I was watching the match and jumped in without checking

The old thread has only just been bounced so I was just being a bit of a smart arse. Revenge can be had on my 'Wolve' thread. :lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Would be a good start to the transfer window - wages off the books, and seriously he didn't look like making the grade here.

With just the one start I would argue that he was never given the opportunity to "make the grade".

EPL is several steps higher than the Belgian league so of course it was going to take time to settle in and get used to the step up in class. He was never given sufficient time on the pitch to acclimatise so sadly it looks like we will never know whether he could have cut the mustard.

It always baffled me why Potter recalled him in January and then didn't really use him at a time when all our attackers were doing fine impressions of Barn Door Billy.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would love things to work out for him here but at his age he's probably at his peak and if we want to move into those mid table places then I feel we need better. Might be useful squad player but with tight purse strings at the moment we probably dont have that luxury.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Percy will only ever get a grudgingly-given token run-out under the current regime, same as AliJ. Guess it's only the banked wages that stop either of them telling the club to just DO one

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With just the one start I would argue that he was never given the opportunity to "make the grade".

EPL is several steps higher than the Belgian league so of course it was going to take time to settle in and get used to the step up in class. He was never given sufficient time on the pitch to acclimatise so sadly it looks like we will never know whether he could have cut the mustard.

It always baffled me why Potter recalled him in January and then didn't really use him at a time when all our attackers were doing fine impressions of Barn Door Billy.

Maybe it became clear in training that he's just not good enough to outcompete the others. Or maybe he needs longer to adapt.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well it probably would all work out as a profitable transfer all in all. So good business.

However I do agree with other comments that he hasn’t really been given a chance. And actually I thought he looked quite dangerous in his cameos, especially at Man City.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He also had appearances as a sub and didn't impress - plus, of course, he was seen close up in training on a regular basis. Always a bit of a punt, with possibly more than a little commercial angle in mind, to increase our profile (and sell a few shirts!) in SA. Hopefully, with loan fees, we won't have lost too much on the deal, and we live to fight another day.

January recall was probably something to do with leaving the EU and different work permit rules applying. Just a guess.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If true... and we've released Izzy. and AJ has made odd comments about leaving. It suggests a bit of an overhaul in that attacking mid area.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
€4 million now or let him walk away on a free next summer ?

Hmmmm...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here