Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vicente strutting his stuff at the Mestalla right now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know what your saying but never seen a player so composed on the ball ? pure class

Indeed. I just find it hard to admit our best ever player appeared less than 50 times, and wouldn't have been here but for circumstances. I need to feel purpose and longevity.....

Hang on......

Bobby Smith!!!!!!

:cheers:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Vicente was near enough world class when he was with us.

It was absolutely ridiculous that we actually signed him.

I can't think of any other examples of a top class player like that, who was in a strange head space following injuries and disagreements with staff, leading them to join a random 2nd tier foreign club.

He was easily good enough for the top teams in the world. We were very lucky to experience him, especially at that level.
Bobby Smith

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I remember him on the edge of the penalty area vs Barnsley and two of their players ran away from him so he could shoot, he obviously dropped a shoulder or something, just magical

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember him on the edge of the penalty area vs Barnsley and two of their players ran away from him so he could shoot, he obviously dropped a shoulder or something, just magical

Maybe he blew off. ???

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Purely on ability and technical talent he’s the best player I’ve ever seen in the stripes, shame injuries ruined him but then I guess he wouldn’t have ended up with us had that not been the situation.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Indeed. I just find it hard to admit our best ever player appeared less than 50 times, and wouldn't have been here but for circumstances. I need to feel purpose and longevity.....

Hang on......

Bobby Smith!!!!!!

:cheers:

We didn't have a good record with him in the side either.

As good as he was, I find it hard to say he is one of our best ever players when he didn't really help the team do better than they would have otherwise done. Part of that is down to how he was implemented into the team, I think. We stopped playing as a team - the tactic became pass to Vicente and hope for the best.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Vicente was near enough world class when he was with us.

It was absolutely ridiculous that we actually signed him.

I can't think of any other examples of a top class player like that, who was in a strange head space following injuries and disagreements with staff, leading them to join a random 2nd tier foreign club.

He was easily good enough for the top teams in the world. We were very lucky to experience him, especially at that level.

Neves to Wolves?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Burned so brightly, but too briefly.

One of the few players that would literally move you to the edge of your seat whenever he had the ball. He was absolutely ridiculous at times, and that ball crashing back off the bar against Derby will remain one of my most unfulfilled moments in football. That ball DESERVED to go in. It would have been the greatest goal I had ever witnessed live.

As it is, that accolade still rests with Skalak v QPR.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I was at Ipswich for his debut.

For a while he looked out of his depth, falling over and complaining to the ref and not being involved. I was mumbling under my breath about fight and commitment and team spirit.

Then he picked the ball up in our half and glides towards the left edge of the Ipswich penalty area. Feigns to shoot with his left foot but drags the ball back onto his right. The Ipswich defender nearly runs off into the crowd, he is so bamboozled.

And then, an absolutely exquisite dreamy right footed caress, sees the ball into the far top corner.

I’ll not forget it - one of my favourite all time Albion goals.

I stopped mumbling and was in awe.

Edit - just seen it on the video. Wonderful

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here