Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surreally quite brilliant album in my view, Us and Them

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

My favourite ever lyric. It is a lyric that I sometimes identify with. Genius.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
A timeless album... one of my all time favourites. I still have the vinyl copy I bought back in the 70's.

I can also remember the first time I heard it. Round a mates house listening to our own music and overheard what his sister (2/3 years older than us) was playing in her bedroom. Asked my mate what it was and that was my introduction to Pink Floyd and DSOTM.

Never got to see them live but have seen Brit and Oz Floyd a number of times and they put on a pretty damn amazing show. Love it when the play DSOTM in its entirety from start to finish. Great Gig In The Sky always amazing... although the highlight for me for any of these shows is always Comfortably Numb... especially the second guitar solo!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Us and Them is one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs of all time.

DSOTM is a brilliant album but I actually prefer Wish You Were Here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The amount of drooling and fawning by smashy and nicey DJs, and some of my school chums was enough for me to put this one on ignore. 'Money' is one the the most dirgy, out of time bits of charmless old bollocks I have ever had the misfortune to have shoved down my throat. Music for people who don't really like music. Music for people who LOVE 'Goodbye yellow prick Road', Supertramp (post COTC), Peter Frampton, and ****ing Abba. Prog Rock for people who find King Crimson, early Sabbath, the MIGHTY Van der Graaf Generator, Can, Soft Machine, Caravan, Hatfield and the North and, yes, early mark 2 Floyd a bit . . . . frightening.

I say all that of course with my 1970s to 1980s massive music snob hat on. These days, well, I may give it a listen (skipping 'Money', the only track on the album I have heard, to my knowledge). I'm sure I'd find it quite nice now.

Maybe not.

Angry now. :rant:

:rolleyes:

:lolol:

Edit Mrs T says she loves it. Perhaps I really should give it a listen. Although apparently she says the Flaming Lips version is better. I like Flaming Lips (saw them in Brighton many years ago with my son). What, after all do I know? I suspect Derek and Clive could put me right on that....:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where is the 'Dark Side of the Moon' is just a bit meh option? It ain't bad, but it ain't that special either.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The amount of drooling and fawning by smashy and nicey DJs, and some of my school chums was enough for me to put this one on ignore. 'Money' is one the the most dirgy, out of time bits of charmless old bollocks I have ever had the misfortune to have shoved down my throat. Music for people who don't really like music. Music for people who LOVE 'Goodbye yellow prick Road', Supertramp (post COTC), Peter Frampton, and ****ing Abba. Prog Rock for people who find King Crimson, early Sabbath, the MIGHTY Van der Graaf Generator, Can, Soft Machine, Caravan, Hatfield and the North and, yes, early mark 2 Floyd a bit . . . . frightening.

I say all that of course with my 1970s to 1980s massive music snob hat on. These days, well, I may give it a listen (skipping 'Money', the only track on the album I have heard, to my knowledge). I'm sure I'd find it quite nice now.

Maybe not.

Angry now. :rant:

:rolleyes:

:lolol:

Edit Mrs T says she loves it. Perhaps I really should give it a listen. Although apparently she says the Flaming Lips version is better. I like Flaming Lips (saw them in Brighton many years ago with my son). What, after all do I know? I suspect Derek and Clive could put me right on that....:lolol:

You don't half talk some twaddle Harry.

I prefer Wish You Were Here but both are great albums that I prefer to listen to as albums rather than a collection of tracks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You don't half talk some twaddle Harry.

I prefer Wish You Were Here but both are great albums that I prefer to listen to as albums rather than a collection of tracks.

Music. Its all about opinions. :lolol::rock::cheers:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Where is the 'Dark Side of the Moon' is just a bit meh option? It ain't bad, but it ain't that special either.

Interesting. You genuinely find it a bit mediocre? Most people love it, some people hate it. Maybe Prog just not your genre?

By the way I prefer both the preceding Meddle and subsequent Wish You Were Here.

Unfortunately very soon after Waters seized control and the Floyd disappeared up their own bottom.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Us and Them is one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs of all time.

DSOTM is a brilliant album but I actually prefer Wish You Were Here.

This on both counts. Much prefer WYWH but i'd never turn down listening to Dark Side.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Interesting. You genuinely find it a bit mediocre? Most people love it, some people hate it. Maybe Prog just not your genre?

By the way I prefer both the preceding Meddle and subsequent Wish You Were Here.

Unfortunately very soon after Waters seized control and the Floyd disappeared up their own bottom.

The Wall has some superb tracks on it. Comfortably Numb is my favourite Pink Floyd song, and I also love Run Like Hell. However, I do agree with you about Roger Waters. The rest of The Wall is very hit-and-miss and the less said about The Final Cut, the better.

I do like the Gilmour albums though. I listen to The Division Bell quite often and I even rate A Momentary Lapse of Reason. I'm only 35, so I guess judge each album without any kind of bias of the time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not a fan.

Neither were any of our REMF quiz team - we failed miserably on the Floyd question

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not a fan.

Neither were any of our REMF quiz team - we failed miserably on the Floyd question

What was it, out of curiosity?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another Brick in the Wall goes through my mind every day, unfortunately, as Dave has a house built down my Twitten at Medina Baths site. Nice job his builders are doing but he’s still playing in his studio opposite and Polly writes the lyrics. Been downhill since about 46 years ago And DSOTM.

Better the miserable him than the planned 16 storey block of flats.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here