Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wembley bag policy is strict - make sure you know it!

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Been going to football for fifty years. Have never ONCE felt the urge to take any kind of bag along. Probably a bit late to ask, but all these years have I been doing football WRONG?

Yes ��

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And don’t wear flares. They’re banned too!

Prohibited Items
The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Unless you are an European club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And don’t wear flares. They’re banned too!

Prohibited Items
The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns,flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Out of date. BREXIT is on hold.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does anyone know if a bag can be an A4 cuboid? Or even if that’s just the dimensions of one side.

I would argue that the end of my bag is A4, but it’s a metre long. :dunce:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A4? That's smaller than a carrier from the supermarket. Who came up with this? Grumpy, Dopey, Frodo and the Umpa Lumpas? There isn't a girl in the country that owns a bag smaller than A4. Good luck with that.

So pissing inconvenient with kids. Thank you [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] for drawing my attention to it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What’s the policy like on golf umbrellas?

BANNED!
Frisbees and similar items, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances, explosives or ammunition; fireworks, knives, blades or other weapons, firearms, scooters, skateboards or other skates. Laser devices, smoke canisters, signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding, unauthorised fliers, spray paint, large industrial style "permanent" marker pens, prams / push chairs (will be assessed for each event. Please check the relevant event page for further information), transmitting devices, professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses), large suitcases, lap tops, illegal merchandise items, water bottles (need to have the ability to decant), illegal charity collection utensils, motor bike helmets, umbrellas, darts, hampers and cold boxes, air horns, alcohol and animals (except service dogs & guide dogs).

Does anyone know if a bag can be an A4 cuboid? Or even if that’s just the dimensions of one side.

I would argue that the end of my bag is A4, but it’s a metre long. :dunce:

It specifies:

Thank you for your cooperation and your contribution to providing a safer environment and an improved event day experience.

Bag to be no larger than A4
Height 297mm (11.7 inches)
Width 210mm (8.27 inches)
Depth 210mm (8.27 inches)

It's not clear on how much leeway there is, if, for example, it is half as wide, can it be twice as deep? What about curved backpacks - is the height the top of the curve, or the lower end of the curve or is it an average of the two? What if it i 210mm high, 210mm deep and 297mm wide? You can get single strap backpacks that are almost triangular, how do they fit in?

A4? That's smaller than a carrier from the supermarket. Who came up with this? Grumpy, Dopey, Frodo and the Umpa Lumpas? There isn't a girl in the country that owns a bag smaller than A4. Good luck with that.

So pissing inconvenient with kids. Thank you [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] for drawing my attention to it.

Isn't it just? And it makes it worse that it is a national stadium, it is playing host to an event that people will be travelling to from all over the country (and back), necessitating all day things - packed lunches, different clothes (a rain mac or hats and scarves etc, to account for different weather along the journey), to restrict bags so severely seems overly extreme.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It specifies:

Thank you for your cooperation and your contribution to providing a safer environment and an improved event day experience.

Bag to be no larger than A4
Height 297mm (11.7 inches)
Width 210mm (8.27 inches)
Depth 210mm (8.27 inches)
Thanks. I hadn’t found that bit.

And it makes it worse that it is a national stadium, it is playing host to an event that people will be travelling to from all over the country (and back), necessitating all day things - packed lunches, different clothes (a rain mac or hats and scarves etc, to account for different weather along the journey), to restrict bags so severely seems overly extreme.

They’ve got so much covered as not permitted that there’s nothing left to put in a bag anyway! I trust there’s a very large number of lockers available and that they’re big enough for proper bags.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Suggest you click on the link!!!

I will have to now. What my wife found seems to be out of date. Their camera policy seems to be different, too, as what she found said a maximum of a 300mm lens (which rather showed a lack of knowledge of modern cameras).

Stumpy Tim

Man City had the same policy, so I carried everything in a 10p supermarket bag, and then just to enter the stadium put stuff in pockets and carried things. As soon as we were inside, I put everything back in the carrier bag. It was all quite easy (and pointless).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Was going to bring my headphones and portable phone charger. May not bother now.

Ugh. I’ll have to talk to people!

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
BANNED!
Frisbees and similar items, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances, explosives or ammunition; fireworks, knives, blades or other weapons, firearms, scooters, skateboards or other skates. Laser devices, smoke canisters, signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding,

Wot??!! No shirts with sponsors names on them?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I will have to now. What my wife found seems to be out of date. Their camera policy seems to be different, too, as what she found said a maximum of a 300mm lens (which rather showed a lack of knowledge of modern cameras).

What's on the main link about bags simply says you can take cameras in. The banned items list says "professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)".

I'm not quite sure where a DSLR with a telephoto lens fits. Are they saying anything with an interchangeable lens is 'professional', or are they going to argue at the search spot as to whether your dslr is 'starter, amateur, enthusiast, pro'? And don't some phone cameras have additional lenses now.....

The prohibited list also says "water bottles (need to have the ability to decant)". What does that mean??

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Been going to football for fifty years. Have never ONCE felt the urge to take any kind of bag along. Probably a bit late to ask, but all these years have I been doing football WRONG?

I thought your style would be of the Roy Cropper bag range :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here