Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone remember the Goldstone Replay video?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have finally carried on the task I started ages ago of converting my mass of recordable DVDs with Albion footage into a more modern format that I can store in something other than disks that will start failing at some stage. Due to the severe copyright claims on Youtube, they will probably have to stay in my collection only as I don't want my account closing down. (Not sure how much interest there would be in a lot of it anyway as I have loads of full match videos from the early 90s.) Shame the season reviews can't be made available but it just takes one person with a grudge or no life to get a copyright claim against a video as happened with my Sneaky George very short clip. Don't know if this was the cause of the demise of Goldstone Rappers videos but seems likely.

However, I have just started converting a video I don't remember seeing before and the only mention I can find of it was an old post on here from Goldstone Rapper saying he has goals footage from it. It is called Goldstone Replay and is talking heads with old players as well as footage from before and after the Doncaster game with fan interviews. As there isn't a lot of actual game footage, I am happy to put it up for a while if there is any interest. I won't leave it up long term as I just can't be arsed with Youtube's policies and the random application of copyright strikes

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hmmm. Now I am not so sure. It just finished encoding and I noticed it was an official club DVD from 2005. I had assumed it was contemporary with the Doncaster game and would be fair game but now not convinced. A shame that you can't put up old footage that isn't available anywhere else but such is the modern way.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Thanks for posting that DS, haven't seen that in years, could bring a tear toa glass eye, mine aint glass so are definitely leaking, how far we've come.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Also forgot to post this as I trawled through Youtube yesterday. Judging by the lack of views, I guess it hasn't been on here before and it is very strange. Black and white footage of York at home from 1973 with some link to Argentina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vseSf2Wass0

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Great stuff. Thanks for posting - such happy memories. I still love the steward giving it large in front of the Ipswich fans after Deano's free kick.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
One bounce before I take them down in a day or two.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
thank you. I could watch this again and again...….

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Maybe everyone with old videos could get together and have a mass posting for one day only every year or so! Then we can all watch them again, then they're taken off before anyone gets into trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here