Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Revealed: 'Alarming' cocaine use at Wembley for England vs Czech Republic

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Good job this lot didn’t make it to the semi final then:

b9aa70142de43493b04653afacb30206.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or this one...
884F2C70-CAD7-2373-406901C993074DFE.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What a ridiculous report. Doubt you'd find any different level in a pub/club/concert, so why pick on football fans. People that go out to enjoy themselves, sometimes stupidly take drugs. Hardly headline news is it!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What a ridiculous report. Doubt you'd find any different level in a pub/club/concert, so why pick on football fans. People that go out to enjoy themselves, sometimes stupidly take drugs. Hardly headline news is it!

current media campaign isn't it. Seem to be blaming the relating recent high profile incidents to cocaine use at games , guess they can be seen to be doing something.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Except that the Arsenal v Man Utd pitch invader was high on drugs judging by the size of his eye pupils.

Whatever happened to having just a beer, bet and rant at football? It seems to be a young generation that seem to want everything now. Football Factory started all this 'match day experience' nonsense and has a lot to answer for.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The toilet cubicles were tested by reporters?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is rife in the media industry itself, always surprised me how they like to shine a light on this issue when their own house is not in order. but who will report on the reporters.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
current media campaign isn't it. Seem to be blaming the relating recent high profile incidents to cocaine use at games , guess they can be seen to be doing something.

Yes. Also....they are scum though, football 'fans', though, aren't they though? It is important to remind the public of this. Daily Telegraph has a responsibility to remind its tweed jacket wearing readership to not get too fond of the old footy, because this runs the risk of ordinary middle class people finding that football fans are actually a decent bunch on the whole, with hopes and expectations that should be given consideration. Best remind them that actually there is a very good chance indeed of randomly getting your ear bitten off by a drugged up chav with bulging eyes if you make the mistake of attending a fixture. Edit: with the purpose of boosting newspaper sales. Innit.

That said, personally I'm 20 years too old to find the idea of coke (or speed, the poorer man's stimulant de jour in the late 70s) appropriate for football, it being already a source of great emotional upheaval, elevation of my blood pressure, raging sinus tachycardia, etc. One of the effects of coke is, of course, to make you excessively cocky so, people who want to be jack the lad at the football, but are actually a bit scared to do so would likely benefit from such self-medication. Dutch courage in powder form. ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really, really don’t like him, do you?

I think you’re taking me a bit too seriously. As it happens I have warmed to him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
More than half the cubicles ? I don't accept that. Sure, some will use it but I doubt at the game itself.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH it's probably cheaper than the beer at Wembley...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Apples and pears. How many of those public buildings have sniffer dogs outside and frisk you before allowing entry?

More likely to have found some in Parliament's toilets and reckon security there is pretty on top! Just trying to counterbalance a sensationalist headline.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Within your social group, not everyone's.

I think you’d be surprised at how many people in the 18-25 age bracket have at least tried cocaine. It’s increasingly common, it’s inctrasingly cheap. The more people have it on a night out the more likely you are to be offered some. It’s a vicious cycle but it’s rampant.

It’s easy to put it down to just my social group, but I’ve bumped in to people I hadn’t seen since school on nights out and “have you got any numbers for coke?” is quite often asked the second enough small talk has been had. The amount of people taking it is skyrocketing.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here