Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Costa Brava? Anyone know it well?

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
I know Andalucia really well and speak Spanish.....I was thinking about Costa Brava for a few months (not peak summer).

Anyone know the difference between Lloret de Mar and Sant Feliu de Guixols? The two larger towns on the coast.

What would you say are the main differences between Catalonia and Andalucia?

Thanks so much.

UTA

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I spent a week in Sant Feliu, found it pretty boring tbh, much prefer Lloret. That week, however, was about 15 years ago so could have changed massively. Ive been back to lloret since and it was still pretty touristy, which some would say is a downside, but with that comes far more to do.

I live in Andalucia at the moment, cant say its massively different tbh, depends where in Andalucia you are both have their quiet areas, both have their touristy areas. Probably more English spoken up there, but you say you speak Spanish anyway so thats not an issue for you.

If i was to choose one over the other, i would choose costa brava, but im happy here generally, maybe if i spent more time up there my opinion would change.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I know Andalucia really well and speak Spanish.....I was thinking about Costa Brava for a few months (not peak summer).

Anyone know the difference between Lloret de Mar and Sant Feliu de Guixols? The two larger towns on the coast.

What would you say are the main differences between Catalonia and Andalucia?

Thanks so much.

UTA

Love Costa Brava, been many times and always liked San Feliu. Nearby towns such as Cadaques, Palafrugel, Gerona, Playa d'aro, Palamos etc also very nice and typically Spanish, although I must admit that I haven't been for a few years, but have lots of memories of family holidays there when I was a teenager that carried on into my twenties and thirties when I had a family of my own.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The town/resort of Roses, just inside Spain from France, is a lovely place. But if you want to see a lot of Brits/Irish, with pubs, go elsewhere.

Some interesting day trips just to the north to some beautiful coves, fishing village and scenery, and there some Salvador Dali sights in nearby places.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here