Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I had some chicken nuggets in a sticky spicy BBQ glaze with sesame and spring onions. Bloody glorious they were.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, f**k you American Express. Sorry if I was 1001 or something. :tantrum:

You could have been 996th and still missed out. Someone I know went in, got a token, went out, came back in, went to a different girl, got another token. Rinse and repeat 5 times before they got bored.

And people wonder why sometimes the club question the honesty of fans (eg clamping down on getting into the AMEX on concession tickets)...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just caught up with a mate of mine who thought it was absolutely brilliant. He went before and after the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

And I should point out he's a serial moaner who complains about absolutely everything and everybody. (Yes, he's in the East Stand at the Amex). Nothing is ever right, relegation is nailed on, Bloom needs to sell part of his stake to the Chinese, etc etc etc. You know the sort. So if he thought it was good ...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really enjoyed it. Would go again.

The unisex toilets were bizarre though, saw one fan quite put off that grown men were going into the same toilets as his daughter.

I don't think there were unisex toilets, the venue decided to allow chaps to use the ladies to try and alleviate the ridiculous queue for the gents (I know this as my partner mentioned it only last night - I wasn't aware on the day itself).

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Our group went before and after the game, and everyone absolutely loved it. A fair number of different food outlets sampled between the 15 of us, and all rated as being excellent. No real queues to be served at the bar, decorations inside and outside were superb, a good mix of entertainment and legends walking around (had a good chat with Stuart Storer and Mullers etc).

All in all, hats off to the club.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You could have been 996th and still missed out. Someone I know went in, got a token, went out, came back in, went to a different girl, got another token. Rinse and repeat 5 times before they got bored.

And people wonder why sometimes the club question the honesty of fans (eg clamping down on getting into the AMEX on concession tickets)...

FFS. Should have sent 'em with the wristbands.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I don't think there were unisex toilets, the venue decided to allow chaps to use the ladies to try and alleviate the ridiculous queue for the gents (I know this as my partner mentioned it only last night - I wasn't aware on the day itself).

There were signs on the doors stating 'Unisex'.

I only noticed them later in the day so perhaps they wasn't their the whole time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There were signs on the doors stating 'Unisex'.

I only noticed them later in the day so perhaps they wasn't their the whole time.
They stuck the Unisex sign on the door after a couple of hours. It was initially the Ladies.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
They stuck the Unisex sign on the door after a couple of hours. It was initially the Ladies.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

My wife and daughter were very impressed with the state of the former ladies toilets after men had pissed all over the seat/floor/wall/bins.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Thought it was really good, great atmosphere, loads of food options, service at the bar was very quick and cheaper than most pubs and at the ground. The toilets were not great but it didn't take that long to have a piss. Would do it again. Couple of photo opportunities with ex players and managers.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The amount of toilets there did seem a bit of a (ahem) pisstake for the capacity of the place.

I wasn't there ,though did think about going -sounds like I missed a great occasion. But I do find it strange that the situation with the loos should have been a problem. Given that the venue is close to Wembley, it must surely be anticipated that loads of men would use the loos. We cannot be the first lot to have complained or at least commented about this. I don't know the rules, but when these places that admit the public in large numbers are given safety certificates, or allowed to trade, should not the amount of toilets be a factor?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wasn't there ,though did think about going -sounds like I missed a great occasion. But I do find it strange that the situation with the loos should have been a problem. Given that the venue is close to Wembley, it must surely be anticipated that loads of men would use the loos. We cannot be the first lot to have complained or at least commented about this. I don't know the rules, but when these places that admit the public in large numbers are given safety certificates, or allowed to trade, should not the amount of toilets be a factor?

I suspect the issue was that the gents toilet capacity had, effectively, been halved as the upstairs loos were only accessible to those who had paid for the hospitality option.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I suspect the issue was that the gents toilet capacity had, effectively, been halved as the upstairs loos were only accessible to those who had paid for the hospitality option.

Thanks for that. I will definitely go - next time we make Wembley . . . .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

https://www.washroomcubicles.co.uk/how-many-toilets-do-you-need/#sports_entertainment

Source: British Standard 6465-1:2006+A1:2009 – Sanitary Installations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here