Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[tweet]1109490314274918401[/tweet]
Brighton & Hove Albion have secured the brand-new Boxpark on Olympic Way as the club’s matchday headquarters for FA Cup semi-final Saturday.

The 2000-plus capacity, state-of-the-art entertainment venue has more than 20 different street food kiosks, three massive bars, a giant video screen, music, and a range of dining and VIP options.
Club chief executive Paul Barber explained, “Boxpark will become the club’s HQ on the day, opening from 11am until 11pm, with directors, staff, sponsors, and guests being joined by club legends. We’re delighted to also make a limited number of tickets available for our fans to purchase so that they can also enjoy being part of our club’s HQ for the day.

“Seagulls TV presenter Richie Reynolds will host the event, with live Q&As with club chairman Tony Bloom, ambassadors Alan Mullery and Steve Sidwell, and a number of other Albion legends including Bob Booker, Guy Butters, Andy Rollings and Gordon Smith.

“There’ll also be music and DJs in the build up to the game, access for the broadcast and print media, and the chance to win spot prizes with some fun and games throughout the build up. Afterwards, fans with tickets will be able to join us - win or lose - but hopefully to celebrate an historic FA Cup upset!”.

Full details on how to purchase tickets for Boxpark’s Albion HQ will be made available in due course. We do expect this to sell out very quickly, and tickets will be available for fans to purchase for pre or post match, or both, and will be sold subject to loyalty point order and availability, from next Wednesday – one ticket/pass per season ticket holder with a match ticket for the semi-final.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/seagulls-nest-at-brand-new-wembley-venue/

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its all getting to be a bit of a money-grab, isn't it.

I'll do my own thing pre and post match, thanks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The tickets for the game cost enough. If by some miracle, we won, we'd have to fork out again, so it's a no from me.
We're not made of money, Mr Barber.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Its all getting to be a bit of a money-grab, isn't it.

I'll do my own thing pre and post match, thanks.

* Happy, smiling, competent serving staff and well-presented food in spacious suroundings shown in promotional video for illustrative purposes only.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I don’t think the club really did anything good here.

The pre-match pubs/places to congregate are split in half depending on what half of the ground you’re in.

The west end gets The Green Man, JJ Moons, Boxpark & a few others. The east end gets The Torch, Crock of Gold & a few others. They also get the arena fanzone to balance out the other side getting Box Park. Whether other clubs are trying to make this their ‘HQ’ for the weekend to squeeze some more money out of their fans I don’t know.

:shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Getting to be a real money grab this, a no from me I can entertain myself without it being manufactured

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't see there being many tickets available for fans to purchase. Assume it will be the base for sponsors, players families. We'll be doing our own thing in London.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Getting to be a real money grab this, a no from me I can entertain myself without it being manufactured

I'm guessing one option that could've be.emn looked at, would be open for fans who couldn't get tickets for the semi final, as an alternative :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm guessing one option that could've be.emn looked at, would be open for fans who couldn't get tickets for the semi final, as an alternative :shrug:

I would watch it in my local if I could not get a ticket

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Surprised at the negativity. This is being presented as something of a coup for the Albion. I doubt I'll have the points or the funds to partake, but I'd love the build up in that sort of environment. Maybe Paul Barber will read and note my enthusiasm and pm me with a couple of complimentaries!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Does that mean if you aren't a STH or bronze member and don't know anyone that is, who haven't already have had loads of 'supporters' queuing up for the STH +2 tickets, that you can get tickets to see the actual match if you can afford it? Or is it just an add on if you already have tickets?:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here