Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

el punal

Christ, how much is that gonna cost!

Exactly. I’ve already bought tickets for myself and grandson for the upper tier - not exactly cheap, but with train fares, food, drink, souvenirs, it’s all going to mount up. I would love to take him to Box Park for the experience but not for a king’s ransom. I sometimes wish the club would be generous in this instance and offer a number of tickets for free as a goodwill gesture to loyal fans as a thank you for their support. Maybe they will, who knows?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What’s the big deal? In what way is it a ‘money grab’? It’s there for people who want it without preventing anyone else from doing exactly what they’d normally do on the day of a game like this.

Hadn’t even occurred to me that something like this might exist but it sounds great. I doubt I’d pay much for the privilege but wouldn’t resent anyone that does.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Miserable tw4ts. This sounds quality.

Fair enough and horses for courses, etc but it all seems a bit artificial and contrived. What’s wrong with a burger and a pint outside Wembley?

I guess I’m just an ordinary fan with limited funds as opposed to those who have to spend a wad every time they go out, sometimes just to keep up the Billy Big Boll** who can’t really afford it either!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, the pre match schedule look pretty good actually.

Richie Reynolds will host the event, with live Q&As with:

11:00-11:15 Club chairman Tony Bloom
11:15-11:30 Steve Sidwell
11:30-11:45 Alan Mullery
11:45-17:30 CEO Paul Barber

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If they throw in a hand shandy, I'm in

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
have to say the pre-match entertainment at CPFC was pretty good, if we can emulate at Wembley that it would be brilliant

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Chesterfield probably didn’t cream their pants as much as we are about a fa cup semi. Yes good at all that but jesus we are acting like league two star struck girls.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If it holds 2k I'd have thought most of that is for sponsors and such. A few hundred tickets to allow you to buy over priced drinks and take look at me photos for insta might be some 'customers' idea of fun so fair play to them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The pre match build up in the pubs around Millennium Stadium for our league 1 final was fantastic.This is where i'll be spending my time. I'm not knocking this Barber thing but it's not for me.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
What’s the big deal? In what way is it a ‘money grab’? It’s there for people who want it without preventing anyone else from doing exactly what they’d normally do on the day of a game like this.

Hadn’t even occurred to me that something like this might exist but it sounds great. I doubt I’d pay much for the privilege but wouldn’t resent anyone that does.

It’s a money grab because without being designated the club HQ Box Park would be one of our allocated ‘pubs’ on the day and with the concentrated offering of excellent food concessions and well staffed bars with a large capacity of 2,000 and no cover/entry charge many would have thought it the perfect pre match venue.

Now only for those that have deep pockets, loyalty points or club partnership or sponsor connections. Poor show IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Paul, we need somewhere impressive to show off and entertain our VIPS and sponsors? Office bod, what about box park. Paul, no we can't do that it would cost a bomb, Tony would go mad! Office bod, what if we charged 400 fans to cover the cost!!, Paul, Brilliant! Release the email!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Chesterfield probably didn’t cream their pants as much as we are about a fa cup semi. Yes good at all that but jesus we are acting like league two star struck girls.

Whilst I can't find the precise figures I believe chesterfield have played at Wembley four or five times since we last did.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here