Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
On the same day, Sussex police published the list of Albion pubs which I put on here and, as you say, included Box Park.

I’m struggling to understand the angst though. There are a LOT of places between Sussex and Wembley to get a beer.

Thanks for the reply and other points.

I'm sure there would have been very little angst if Boxpark had NOT been on the list published by Sussex Police.
I've seen posts on this thread and heard from other fans that thought this was a good pre match option.

Yes plenty of places between Sussex and Wembley to get a beer if travelling by train, maybe not so many for fans getting there on coaches , mini bus and car.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
My guess is there was a bit of miscommunication.

I earlier this week was told that Box Park has been secured for Albion fans subject to a club visit on Thursday. I was told it would be ticketed and would include the things which the club have since announced.

On the same day, Sussex police published the list of Albion pubs which I put on here and, as you say, included Box Park.

I reckon that Box Park was not on that list as a free-for-all but as part of what the club were arranging.

I’m struggling to understand the angst though. There are a LOT of places between Sussex and Wembley to get a beer.

Thanks for that, it helps perhaps quell my angst.

I was/am still disappointed to probably not get the option to try it as a venue.

Also this is the first year Box Park has been open at Semi Finals so it could be this sort of use was its intention by the authorities all along, just as you say poor comms by all.

Will give it a swerve but would have liked the walk up option I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Strange, in the places to drink pre match thread Boxpark was only mentioned twice, and one of those said they could never get in as it was at capacity... now we have been told we can’t go there (unless we pay) everyone’s bitching they can’t go there...! Funny ol’ game, isn’t it?

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Wembley Old School Style. Victoria.......Baker Street...last minute rush...desperate for a piss as you arrive!....The good ol days...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We don't know how much though, plus fans need enough points to buy tickets.

So when Boxpark was announced as a designated place to eat/drink for Albion fans, it's now been announced its obviously not open to us all.

Sorry I think this is a non issue.

I understand what you are saying, but there is a points system in place, which by definition rewards the fans who support the club the most in terms of finance. IMO, of course they should get first choice.

There are 2000 places for 33000 fans, there has to be a degree of control and fairness.

Entry fee wise, as per my other posts, you have the option not to do it.....

It was inevitable the club would milk this for all its worth, why not?
As supporters surely it’s all about choice as to whether we opt in or out....

Just going to enjoy the day, I’ll probably get my food and drink around the ground, rather than miss out by being in a controlled area.

Didn’t have to worry about things like this in 83........ [emoji2]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sorry I think this is a non issue.

I understand what you are saying, but there is a points system in place, which by definition rewards the fans who support the club the most in terms of finance. IMO, of course they should get first choice.

There are 2000 places for 33000 fans, there has to be a degree of control and fairness.

Entry fee wise, as per my other posts, you have the option not to do it.....

It was inevitable the club would milk this for all its worth, why not?
As supporters surely it’s all about choice as to whether we opt in or out....

Just going to enjoy the day, I’ll probably get my food and drink around the ground, rather than miss out by being in a controlled area.

Didn’t have to worry about things like this in 83........ [emoji2]

I won't be losing sleep over not visiting this place :)

We probably wouldn't be having this conversation if Boxpark hadn't been listed by Sussex Police as a designated bar etc.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Kin all, it's a game of football, not a carnival.

I've had so many requests from people for a ticket, even my brother who hasn't wanted to know me for the last 33 years. These same people didn't beg for a Burnley or Hudds away ticket.

Looking forward (!) to seeing the foam hands, jesters hats etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I've had so many requests from people for a ticket, even my brother who hasn't wanted to know me for the last 33 years. These same people didn't beg for a Burnley or Hudds away ticket.

When we make the final the upsurge in long lost Albion fans trying to get a ticket will go through the roof

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When we make the final the upsurge in long lost Albion fans trying to get a ticket will go through the roof
Years ago I used to work with this rather unpleasant chap who lived in Worthing, he used to constantly take the piss about me going home and away to watch the Albion, guess who I spotted at the Wembley PO final.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Facebook.
I'm fed up with the constant stream of 'special offers' and 'club wembley' deals filling my in box every day. Money, money, money. Meanwhile Southampton must be rubbing their hands at all of this. A reminder that we play them Saturday 30th March in a big 6 pointer must win game.
Meanwhile, a quick check of the official fixture list and the semi has been removed!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Strange, in the places to drink pre match thread Boxpark was only mentioned twice, and one of those said they could never get in as it was at capacity... now we have been told we can’t go there (unless we pay) everyone’s bitching they can’t go there...! Funny ol’ game, isn’t it?

Just mentioned feeling mildly disappointed, that's all. I'm already on the case planning an alternative so it's really not a problem.
As to the pre-match drinking thread. I guess not all of us feel the need to log on to NSC to explain where we are planning to go for a drink etc.

This sounds like a fan zone kinda thing to me. Recent ones that were notably good were away to Bristol City (OK, not that recent) and Everton.

Surely having a swarm of happy Seagulls spending some more money on food, drink and merchandise is enough? Is an extra fee really justified?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Especially as it's not even the final

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here