Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t get why people are moaning about this? It’s not as though you have to go there, it’s just another option that’s now available to us!

Yes, this.

The other thing is that a lot of supporters attendance will be dictated by transport arrangements.

It’s sounds like a good option to have available IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don’t get why people are moaning about this? It’s not as though you have to go there, it’s just another option that’s now available to us!

Now available to us?
Box park is already on the list of designated pubs/bars etc for Albion fans. The place has now been ( hired I guess ) by the club for corporate entertainment.
Some tickets will be available for fans, no price of tickets mentioned yet.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
To me it looks like they want to self fund the venue for their hangers-on at the expense of supporters with money. More corporate bo**ocks in a world of football being taken away from the common man.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Paul, we need somewhere impressive to show off and entertain our VIPS and sponsors? Office bod, what about box park. Paul, no we can't do that it would cost a bomb, Tony would go mad! Office bod, what if we charged 400 fans to cover the cost!!, Paul, Brilliant! Release the email!

:clap:

Funny but probably true......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To me it looks like they want to self fund the venue for their hangers-on at the expense of supporters with money. More corporate bo**ocks in a world of football being taken away from the common man.

Pretty much this, a sort of pop up 1901 club for the day

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
a) why would anyone pay to get into this place? It’s like paying to get into a shop. You go there to spend money on food and drink, an entry fee is a rip off.

b) I’m not signed up to hyping a semi-final to this extent- the objective is the trophy, hyping a semi like it is a final just feels like a lack of a ambition- like this is the club’s big day when there is no prize actually on offer on the 6th. I think it might just be down to it being played at Wembley- that has made the vibe like this. I mean if it was at Villa Park would the club book a paid venue to have club legends turn up etc.? Personally I think semis at Wembley is a bit of a sham for these reasons- and it messes with the impact of the final if it is your second trip to Wembley in the competition rather than the first. Don’t get me wrong I’m bang up for the Albion getting through and having a chance of winning the the thing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
a) why would anyone pay to get into this place? It’s like paying to get into a shop. You go there to spend money on food and drink, an entry fee is a rip off.

b) I’m not signed up to hyping a semi-final to this extent- the objective is the trophy, hyping a semi like it is a final just feels like a lack of a ambition- like this is the club’s big day when there is no prize actually on offer on the 6th. I think it might just be down to it being played at Wembley- that has made the vibe like this. I mean if it was at Villa Park would the club book a paid venue to have club legends turn up etc.? Personally I think semis at Wembley is a bit of a sham for these reasons- and it messes with the impact of the final if it is your second trip to Wembley in the competition rather than the first. Don’t get me wrong I’m bang up for the Albion getting through and having a chance of winning the the thing.

From a club perspective had it been Villa Park then lounges would have been available, due to the FA having to recoup the vast expense of Wembley they created Club Wembley which is basically the middle tier hence not for sale so I suppose BHAFC are just creating a 1901 pop up of sorts, just not for me and quite a few others.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When we saw that Box Park had been allocated to Albion fans my group decided to go there pre match. Would have been a brilliant build up. Now that the club have taken it as their 'HQ' there is a lot less space for actual fans and you have to pay to get in (!). I'm a little disappointed but we will find somewhere just as good .

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I’ve done some digging and been in touch with some people on the inside. It appears that we don’t HAVE to do this!

I’m now off to start a thread about how much afternoon tea and a glass of wine costs at Claridges on the 6th, despite not having to do this either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It looks absolutely soulless - Barber just doesn't get it.

This ties in with Barber’s thoughts on how American sports and F1 events are far more than the event itself and how football could learn from these.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve done some digging and been in touch with some people on the inside. It appears that we don’t HAVE to do this!

I’m now off to start a thread about how much afternoon tea and a glass of wine costs at Claridges on the 6th, despite not having to do this either.

Correct, we don't have to do this.
But I think you have missed the point here, see post above yours.
Also maybe 2000 Albion fans that may have gone to Boxpark will be spread out at the other Wembley designated pubs trying to buy a drink etc.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Correct, we don't have to do this.
But I think you have missed the point here, see post above yours.
Also maybe 2000 Albion fans that may have gone to Boxpark will be spread out at the other Wembley designated pubs trying to buy a drink etc.

TBF, whatever you do en route to Wembley, it's what you do that counts, in the form of entertainment.
Albion fans will come far and wide and arrive in the midst of all the goings on, so no real need to keep up with the 'Jones'

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not at all - the supporters have the option to buy in.

I won’t be, but that’s my choice.
Sorry, really can’t see the problem......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know how much though, plus fans need enough points to buy tickets.

So when Boxpark was announced as a designated place to eat/drink for Albion fans, it's now been announced its obviously not open to us all.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
TBF, whatever you do en route to Wembley, it's what you do that counts, in the form of entertainment.
Albion fans will come far and wide and arrive in the midst of all the goings on, so no real need to keep up with the 'Jones'

Not sure I want or ever wanted to keep up with the 'Jones'

As others have mentioned on this thread, Boxpark looked like a decent place on the list of designated bars etc to visit pre match.
I even thought it may have been a better option than try and find a pub that may be rammed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We don't know how much though, plus fans need enough points to buy tickets.

So when Boxpark was announced as a designated place to eat/drink for Albion fans, it's now been announced its obviously not open to us all.

My guess is there was a bit of miscommunication.

Earlier this week I was told that Box Park has been secured for Albion fans subject to a club visit on Thursday. I was told it would be ticketed and would include the things which the club have since announced.

On the same day, Sussex police published the list of Albion pubs which I put on here and, as you say, included Box Park.

I reckon that Box Park was not on that list as a free-for-all but as part of what the club were arranging.

I’m struggling to understand the angst though. There are a LOT of places between Sussex and Wembley to get a beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here