Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Balloon Avalanche

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I can't see this has ever been done before at a football match. What if everyone let one blue balloon go as the teams came out? I know some will not want to take the trouble to go and get some, however for those who do, how about taking some extras and handing them out to others around you?

It would look great on tv.

If anyone can find this on a video at a football match, please feel free to attach to this thread.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Let one go as in to make the farty, raspy noise - or just let it go and watch it drop to the floor?

To have the desired effect I think you're hoping for - we'd need a helium canister at the end of every aisle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No thank you! Liverpool (I think it was) had a bad experience with balloons on the pitch; I doubt they'll ever do it again, and neither should we!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm just going to siit there in silence until the final whistle confirms that we have won. I'm not celebrating a nightingale's fart till then. Fact.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm just going to siit there in silence until the final whistle confirms that we have won. I'm not celebrating a nightingale's fart till then. Fact.
Is the right answer. NSC's grumpy old men are a very tough crowd when it comes to discussion of fan displays such as ticker tape and balloons etc

The OP can rest assured that this match for us is as much of a party day out as it is possible to conceive. The amount of blue and white balloons, streamers, beach balls, other inflatables, scarves, flags and CAPES in our half of Wembley is going to be legendary. Don't worry too much about what gets said on here - just load up with the necessary items and do your bit to contribute.

I'm going with 12 blue and white beach balls. £9.99 on ebay.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I can't see this has ever been done before at a football match. What if everyone let one blue balloon go as the teams came out? I know some will not want to take the trouble to go and get some, however for those who do, how about taking some extras and handing them out to others around you?

It would look great on tv.

If anyone can find this on a video at a football match, please feel free to attach to this thread.

:ffsparr:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Is the right answer. NSC's grumpy old men are a very tough crowd when it comes to discussion of fan displays such as ticker tape and balloons etc

The OP can rest assured that this match for us is as much of a party day out as it is possible to conceive. The amount of blue and white balloons, streamers, beach balls, other inflatables, scarves, flags and CAPES in our half of Wembley is going to be legendary. Don't worry too much about what gets said on here - just load up with the necessary items and do your bit to contribute.

Save your money for the final,

el punal

Let one go as in to make the farty, raspy noise - or just let it go and watch it drop to the floor?

To have the desired effect I think you're hoping for - we'd need a helium canister at the end of every aisle.

“Let one go as in to make the farty, raspy noise - or just let it go and watch it drop to the floor?” - to be honest, you really do not need a balloon to create that effect. You’ll find that happens at every home game in the West Upper concourse. :eek: :sick:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
“Let one go as in to make the farty, raspy noise - or just let it go and watch it drop to the floor?” - to be honest, you really do not need a balloon to create that effect. You’ll find that happens at every home game in the West Upper concourse. :eek: :sick:

Anything to break the silence, I suppose... :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I was only kidding. Do you think they'll let me bring my dog in?

Rover.jpg

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If I remember the 1983 semi final , we had loads of balloons and streamers when the team came out , it looked super even the tv commentators mentioned , looked like a match in Argentina,
When Wednesday came out nothing apart from applause, I know what looked better

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If I remember the 1983 semi final , we had loads of balloons and streamers when the team came out , it looked super even the tv commentators mentioned , looked like a match in Argentina,
When Wednesday came out nothing apart from applause, I know what looked better
Good shout. That welcome for Fozzie and the lads from the Albion fans at Highbury was amazing and not bettered since.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's actually a valid comment. We'll look awfully tinpot if we act like the Semi is our Cup Final and also leave ourselves wide open to some 'taunts' from the Fauntleroys....

Anybody who looks down on us for treating a match against one of the highest spending clubs in the world as a ‘Final’ is an arse and not really worth bothering about, frankly.

It’s the perfect match for a party. If we did actually beat City, the Final itself would be a far more serious business.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

How about an avalanche of blue whoopee cushions all going off at once, fresh as a Haha dive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here