Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Natural wines

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cabernet Franc….is this usually chilled? I didn’t order it by the way…..just saw it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Cabernet Franc….is this usually chilled? I didn’t order it by the way…..just saw it.

Often. It's a quite remarkable grape. You see that icon that G1976 has by the profile: that's one of the most exalted wines ever (and G1976 has drunk -- sorry, tasted, imbibed) some, and that's made from Cabernet Franc (about the only top wine from Bordeaux that is). The best CFs tend to come from the mid-region of the Loire around Anjou and Saumur, and they can age forever.
Most red wine is drunk too warm. I whacked my Marsannay (Pinot Noir) in the fridge for an hour or so before drinking it, and it's all the better for it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Domaine Mosse Bangarang Primeur Rouge 2020
£21.00

Gift wrapping: Options available Shipping: Calculated at Checkout REGION: Anjou, Loire, France GRAPES: Pineau d'Aunis & Cabernet Franc VINEYARD: Organic CELLAR: Fermented with native yeasts, unfiltered & unfined, no additional sulphites

This is the wine in question. And just realized it’s two grapes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Domaine Mosse Bangarang Primeur Rouge 2020
£21.00

Gift wrapping: Options available Shipping: Calculated at Checkout REGION: Anjou, Loire, France GRAPES: Pineau d'Aunis & Cabernet Franc VINEYARD: Organic CELLAR: Fermented with native yeasts, unfiltered & unfined, no additional sulphites

This is the wine in question. And just realized it’s two grapes.

Yes, but is it any good?
Marsannay 2018 from Sylvain Pataille is very good. I like SP, whose Marsannays are as good as that appellation get and, along with the Aligoteurs (see what he did there?), is working hard for us to revise our views on Aligote.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, but is it any good?
Marsannay 2018 from Sylvain Pataille is very good. I like SP, whose Marsannays are as good as that appellation get and, along with the Aligoteurs (see what he did there?), is working hard for us to revise our views on Aligote.

I haven’t tried it. I was more curious about the chilling aspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here