Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have paid only a few million for a striker who could be given a work permit and make his way into our squad. Getting a work permit this summer word be incredible

We still don’t know if he’s worth more than a few million though, so work permit or not he still might not be good business.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had assumed this recent article in the Argus would be here already:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17521061.percy-tau-backed-for-premier-league-future-with-albion

Apparently Ian Wright was doing football stuff in South Africa and talked about Tau saying how he thought Tau would do well in the PL.

Not very objective really, I genuinely hope Tau gets a work permit, but Ian Wright doing football work in South Africa, talking up a South African player, IMO should be taken very lightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
We need South Africa to qualify tomorrow, have a really good tournament, and climb into the top 50 in the FIFA World Rankings. He'd then qualify for a work permit.

Apparently the way the FIFA ranking system is worked out was changed in August 2018 with each individual match now affecting the points system which wasn't the case before. So this might mean that if they win today their ranking might marginally improve depending on certain various other factors. This link explains how...
https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/procedure/men

I was also surprised to learn that South Africa were ranked as high as 16th in 1996.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Good goals.

TAU.gif

TAU2.gif

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Would he realistically make the squad?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

If you watch him then yes he will, he adds a bit of creativity we need up front, that’s why we’re jumping through hoops to get him to qualify

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
South Africa qualify?

Hopefully Tau can shoot them to a higher ranking. He could have had a hatrick today!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Percy is the African Raheem Sterling!

(Raheem Rand - or something)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wish the club would (unofficially) reserve a squad number for him, so we can get his name on our Albion shirts...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here