Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Czech live on ITV

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow.

With that he need never score again this season. Please.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hope Sterling has the flu in a couple of weeks taking a few others down with him.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It is, you're right. However in this game, if it was just obstruction in the box it wouldn't be a penalty!

Not disputing that but I am being a bit of a pedant in pointing out that its a foul either way and the only difference is the punishment and I cant see where two indirect free kick fouls multiply up to a penalty if it was just two obstructions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not disputing that but I am being a bit of a pedant in pointing out that its a foul either way and the only difference is the punishment and I cant see where two indirect free kick fouls multiply up to a penalty if it was just two obstructions.
I’ll be a pendant and state there’s no obstruction in the laws.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Law 12 impeding an opponent/obstructing

Sorry way out of date. If you wish to quote please make sure it the latest edition.

It is now.

IMPEDING THE PROGRESS OF AN OPPONENT WITHOUT CONTACT

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

A player may shield the ball by taking a position between an opponent and the ball if the ball is within playing distance and the opponent is not held off with the arms or body. If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Sorry way out of date. If you wish to quote please make sure it the latest edition.

It is now.

IMPEDING THE PROGRESS OF AN OPPONENT WITHOUT CONTACT

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

A player may shield the ball by taking a position between an opponent and the ball if the ball is within playing distance and the opponent is not held off with the arms or body. If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.

You are quoting FA laws this is a UEFA competition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here