Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat dinking thread

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gone but not forgotten then, how lovely.

They got all pissy on there about BHA singing Cantona songs at Selhurst, because in their moronic little minds, they actually believe that BHA fans sing about Cantona in order to take the piss out of the Palace fan who was killed later on that season in a fight with Man U fans.

When I pointed out that was total bollocks and that nobody at BHA is making that (tenuous) link at all, out came the usual goonsquad on their high horses. All a bit sad.

Nice to know I'm missed though.

Yeah i saw that. I'm amazed that lot have come to that conclusion. I was banned for asking one of there female posters out for a date. I did create a couple more new accounts which were instantly banned.
There was a post recently asking where certain posters have gone missing again.:facepalm:
Old Git was also linking you to racism again.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Painting in Brighton and about to head home, prob pick up three bottles of Proper Job on the way home and hit my cellar for a couple of Belgian finishers.

Watercolors, young Veg?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yeah i saw that. I'm amazed that lot have come to that conclusion. I was banned for asking one of there female posters out for a date. I did create a couple more new accounts which were instantly banned.
There was a post recently asking where certain posters have gone missing again.:facepalm:
I think we all should sign up over there and take over the away end [emoji3]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is rather lovely:

domino.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It’s a local sparkling wine, from Nutbourne Vinyard in West Chiltington. Sort of a blanc de blancs style, fresh and fun, thoroughly recommended, but not to be taken too seriously.

And a fair bit cheaper than Nyetimber! How was the food by the way? Mrs Jakarta and I have not eaten out in Arundel for a long time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And a fair bit cheaper than Nyetimber! How was the food by the way? Mrs Jakarta and I have not eaten out in Arundel for a long time.

Well I thought it was stunning, thoroughly recommended. And with Hacker Pshorr now on in the Bells, that’s my next port of call :beer:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
…..Agreed. And if I'd drunk it rather inclined to send my head spinning within a minute! 8.6%!!

8.6% is breakfast tea to Belgians.....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well I thought it was stunning, thoroughly recommended. And with Hacker Pshorr now on in the Bells, that’s my next port of call :beer:

Thanks, just looked at their website, example menus looks like they go for doing a few things well?

Enjoy your beer, I could well be in the 5 Bells tomorrow lunchtime following an arduous Sainsburys shop.

As it has gone 6PM it is Elgoods Black Dog time...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm drinking via NSC proxy. Torn shoulder ligaments so on tablets. Please describe taste of your chosen tipples so I'm able to savour in my mind

My domino white stout is a clear beer with chocolatl and coffee overtones (or possibly undertones, Jimmy). For a stout, it is light and refreshing. For 8.6%, it has already taken the sting out of a tiresome day :rave:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just drinking some obscure stouts/porters residue from my Beer52 delivery. One down two to go. The Tweed Brewery I know are two of them.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Off to the Sussex Beer Festival at the Racecourse plenty of choice there

After a few there, I'd have Herr Thumps on my back , going a few furlongs @ 2/1......whether he's there or not...

Last edited:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
This Fridat night is mostly a Gin drinking night,a Harley House Gin and Seven Sisters Ginwith a variety of tonics.

Bit early here, but this evening a Hendricks and Tonic will be partaken. Usually have G&T with lime but I am going to try it with cucumber as suggested by Hendricks themselves.:whisky:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

God does that OG still stand at the gates of ‘The Away End’ on BBS
Iike the limbless knight in Monty Pythons Life of Brian...... trying to ward off all invaders.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Couple of pints of rough cider in a pub in the centre of Gloucester that I didn't even know existed until I wandered past it last Sunday! Very nice! Home now, contemplating a glass of wine, but no rush. Red? ...... or white? I'll have a think about that for a while................................

Maybe have a bite to eat while I think about it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just opened this
3b1c0c918d5d08935945aeace8371d04.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here