Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Cocaine and Football.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here yet but the media are starting to blame Bugle for the recent spate of crowd related trouble and single man pitch invasions.

There seems to be a view that there is “suddenly” an issue with class “a” at a lot of sporting events, particularly the Football and Racing venues.

Personally speaking I think that there was a lot more sniff at our games about 8-10 years ago than now. Anyone who witnessed the carnage of the beer garden at the Spread Eagle in Southend or the bogs at Orient with the sniff all over the yard will testify. I’ve not seen anything like it at the Amex or anywhere else we’ve been recently...is it just me or is it the people I associate with that have changed? Discuss

Besides. A little bit of Charlie never did anyone, or any atmosphere any harm. A lot...well... you just end up with a load of boring chatty egomaniacs and paranoids.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Add women on to the end off that , and you basically have my thought process through much of the 80’s and 90’s

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Add women on to the end off that , and you basically have my thought process through much of the 80’s and 90’s

Oh...and women. I thought that went without saying.

That said I don’t remember too many coked up women at the Albion awaydays mentioned. Maybe they’re always talkative and paranoid so I didn’t notice.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think it is way way more prevalent today. The youngsters love it these days. The price hasn't really changed in 20 years, so it hasn't gone up with inflation, it's way more affordable than it used to be, and lots of millennials seem to almost prefer it to alcohol.

It's also far, far easier to come by.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I think it is way way more prevalent today. The youngsters love it these days. The price hasn't really changed in 20 years, so it hasn't gone up with inflation, it's way more affordable than it used to be, and lots of millenialls seem to almost prefer it to alcohol.

I think the quality has improved though. Good work there customs. I think you’ve hit on something there. It used to be more middle class than it is now...perhaps giving good quality powder to social class fives who mix it with turps or white lightning is the problem?

I just don’t see it as much, mind you there were a lot less of us attending matches in those days so I would have noticed more I guess.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think there is plenty of it about still like Commander says but less than before in the ground given that police sniffer dogs are often outside the Amex etc. However go to any of the pubs in town where fans congregate before a match and the cubicles in the loos will be busy.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here yet but the media are starting to blame Bugle for the recent spate of crowd related trouble and single man pitch invasions.

There seems to be a view that there is “suddenly” an issue with class “a” at a lot of sporting events, particularly the Football and Racing venues.

Personally speaking I think that there was a lot more sniff at our games about 8-10 years ago than now. Anyone who witnessed the carnage of the beer garden at the Spread Eagle in Southend or the bogs at Orient with the sniff all over the yard will testify. I’ve not seen anything like it at the Amex or anywhere else we’ve been recently...is it just me or is it the people I associate with that have changed? Discuss

Besides. A little bit of Charlie never did anyone, or any atmosphere any harm. A lot...well... you just end up with a load of boring chatty egomaniacs and paranoids.

You're fishing, right?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Think there is plenty of it about still like Commander says but less than before in the ground given that police sniffer dogs are often outside the Amex etc. However go to any of the pubs in town where fans congregate before a match and the cubicles in the loos will be busy.

I’ve never had a sniffer dog come anywhere near me at the Amex. Thank GOD.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’ve never had a sniffer dog come anywhere near me at the Amex. Thank GOD.

Can I suggest you take the simple precaution of carrying a tennis ball in your pocket. At the first sign of dog approaching, simply wave aforesaid tennis ball around while yelling GOOOOD BOY! Chuck the ball in one direction while legging it in the opposite direction. Job done! :moo:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think it is way way more prevalent today. The youngsters love it these days. The price hasn't really changed in 20 years, so it hasn't gone up with inflation, it's way more affordable than it used to be, and lots of millennials seem to almost prefer it to alcohol.

It's also far, far easier to come by.

It definitely has, £100 a grem for anything decent these days. You can buy for the same price as 20 years ago but it will do a better job at curing your hayfever than it will giving you a buzz :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here