Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Cocaine and Football.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
The last time I had a run in with sniffer dogs was at Gatwick Airport. My laptop bag was full of pork sausages and I expected the dog to single me put for a search. Luckily he passed me by.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
The last time I had a run in with sniffer dogs was at Gatwick Airport. My laptop bag was full of pork sausages and I expected the dog to single me put for a search. Luckily he passed me by.
Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

We've been told on this thread there are dogs that detect heroin and dogs that detect cocaine.
You're lucky it wasn't one of these or you'd have been in trouble.
B0EE29C4-C26D-4A19-B62F-5E62B776F9BB.jpeg

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Well I have been following the Albion for 20 odd years and this season for the first time I witnessed someone having a bump off the back of there hand on the back row of the north stand if that’s anything to go by!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I thought they sniffed out explosives, not drugs?

Last season at West Ham away I was approaching the turnstiles, there was a sniffer dog and handler by the entrance.
Just as the dog was going to give me the once over another fan walked past holding a hot dog, the dog ignored me, jumped up and tried to grab the hot dog :)
I thought it was hilarious but the dog handler and fan with the hot dog were not impressed :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
how do you know that?

There are police dogs trained to identify drugs, firearms, explosives, cash and all sorts. Oh, bodies. That's another one.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
A friend of mine accidentally took a WW1 Revolver through security at Gatwick. :lolol:

When I say 'took through' I mean he threw his rucksack on the scanner, walked through the scanner bridge, then the next thing he remembers is having four armed police pointing weapons at him shouting "ON THE FLOOOOR. NOWWW'

He narrowly escaped prison due to a technicality about it being an 'antique'.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
There are police dogs trained to identify drugs, firearms, explosives, cash and all sorts. Oh, bodies. That's another one.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-finding-sausages-but-not-drugs-idUSKCN0XB19A

UK airport sniffer dogs good at finding sausages, but not drugs

LONDON (Reuters) - A team of sniffer dogs set up at a British airport at a cost of 1.25 million pounds ($1.7 million) have proved adept at discovering small amounts of cheese and sausages but not so good at finding smuggled drugs, a report said on Thursday.

An inspection of border security at Manchester Airport in northern England found that during a seven-month period, the six dogs had failed to find any illegal class A drugs, those considered the most dangerous such as heroin or cocaine.

“The deterrent effect of the detection dogs was difficult to measure, but seizures alone represented a low return on investment, given 1.25 million spent on new kennels and the costs of operating the unit,” said the report by the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration.

Each dog has its own speciality in detecting goods such as drugs, tobacco, cash and meat being illegally brought into the airport by the 22 million passengers who use it annually.

However the report found that although the sniffers had helped customs seize 46 kg of cigarettes and 181 kg of meat, they had uncovered no class A drugs between November 2014 and June 2015 even though this was a “very high” priority.

It said one dog trained to find smuggled animal products had made “multiple accurate detections, but most were of small amounts of cheese or sausages, wrongly brought back by returning British holidaymakers and posing minimal risk to UK public health”.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't think it's just football, go to almost any pub or club that has lads aged 18-30 and you will find the toilets a very popular place.

Very shy at using the urinals, that's all.

Must have very small cocks. I, on the other hand, nearly have someone's eye out with mine.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Very shy at using the urinals, that's all.

That's usually the result of a different Class A.

Taken copious amounts of various product in my younger days at nightclubs/festivals/etc but can't even vaguely see the appeal at football.

I do understand the whole thing about the "big day out" concept that may or may not have been a pisstake up-thread; but I've either got to get back to the airport after a match or I'm intending to get blattered in town before falling towards Gatwick the next early afternoon so it wouldn't make sense in either situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here