Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Where is Corbyn ?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Sounds like the cue for another version of the White Stripes. Altogether now: oh where is Corbin? Repeat......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s very true about Tony Benn. In his latter years he was loved all round as an ultra intelligent man of integrity, with a lifetime steeped in parliamentary and British living history. Before that his enemies were not just the Daily Mail and ‘the Establishment’ ... the Dennis Healey and James Callaghan dominant wing of the Labour Party loathed his maverick left wing agenda.

Benn wasn't loathed for being left wing. He was loathed for manipulating the labour constitution to get himself elected leader. And he still failed. But the electoral college persisted, made worse by millipede, paving the way for the present gormless stiff, Corbyn.

Benn was a vainglorious cocky rich bloke, with a posse of purring young female admirers who wouldn't let anyone near him (even at a parliamentary science evening, which I attended). He was more interested in sounding clever and/or being amusing than being effective. A bit like me, on NSC.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Benn wasn't loathed for being left wing. He was loathed for manipulating the labour constitution to get himself elected leader. And he still failed. But the electoral college persisted, made worse by millipede, paving the way for the present gormless stiff, Corbyn.

Benn was a vainglorious cocky rich bloke, with a posse of purring young female admirers who wouldn't let anyone near him (even at a parliamentary science evening, which I attended). He was more interested in sounding clever and/or being amusing than being effective. A bit like me, on NSC.

Can’t argue with first hand knowledge.

What’s your view on Hilary Benn?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t argue with first hand knowledge.

What’s your view on Hilary Benn?

Young Hilary is different altogether. Consistent, measured, modest.....he is the Nigel Clough to Tony's Brian. The Matthew to Tony's Harry*? Or perhaps the Michaela to Tony's Gordon**...:cheers:

*Corbett; **Strachan. Yes, I known. Better to be amusing that accurate.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Young Hilary is different altogether. Consistent, measured, modest.....he is the Nigel Clough to Tony's Brian. The Matthew to Tony's Harry*? Or perhaps the Michaela to Tony's Gordon**...:cheers:

*Corbett; **Strachan. Yes, I known. Better to be amusing that accurate.

I’d love to see him as Labour leader, but I don’t know if he’s got the fight for politicking to get the votes needed to do that (when Corbyn retires) or would want the role.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
The leader of the opposition in a moment of constitutional crisis.

Any ideas ? Anyone heard a statement ?
Corbyn is 100% a leaver and is under enourmous pressure from the unions to make this happen.The unions rightly or wrongly want to free themselves from EU legislation regarding work and workers rights.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can remember Tony Benn getting just the same vilification back in the day. The lies were horrendous. He was portrayed as a wild eyed prophet in the desert and all sorts of wacky images. Then he retired and suddenly everyone said he was wonderful. I once tried to book for his one man show. There was an 18 month waiting list.
Corbin is his successor.

Well, Javaseagull, I should try and book a seat now for the Jezza Show, and avoid the rush!:clap:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Because he's one of the few politicians who speaks sense, answers a straight question plus he's been prepared to risk his job to stand up for what he believes in.

It's refreshing.

Answers a straight question! ��������������

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
That’s very true about Tony Benn. In his latter years he was loved all round as an ultra intelligent man of integrity, with a lifetime steeped in parliamentary and British living history. Before that his enemies were not just the Daily Mail and ‘the Establishment’ ... the Dennis Healey and James Callaghan dominant wing of the Labour Party loathed his maverick left wing agenda.

He would have caused great damage to this country if he'd ever succeeded in becoming PM.
Everyone relaxed and went PHEW, the eccentric old 'Viscount Stansgate' has retired, can't do any harm and so we can now indulge him a bit!

The leader of the opposition in a moment of constitutional crisis.

Any ideas ? Anyone heard a statement ?

There really is nothing more pathetic than Remainers who spend all their time attacking Corbyn and ignore the real architects of Brexit. If we do end up with no deal it will be partly because of chumps like you.

As for where he was yesterday, he was campaigning in Morecambe for a change in government, that’s the place recently where they found schoolkids fishing in school bins because they came to school hungry.

Morecambe is a heavily Leave voting area, the kind of place Remain leaders ignore and then wonder why the **** they lose referendums

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because he's one of the few politicians who speaks sense, answers a straight question plus he's been prepared to risk his job to stand up for what he believes in.

It's refreshing.

Good post. Or even better Hilary Benn.

Both are very open, honest and consistent on their EU views.

By contrast, Corbyn a lifelong opponent of the EU (“a club that favours big business and gives a race to bottom on wages from freedom of movement”), toys with Remainers as if he might be their friend. A slight of hands. Can’t understand why Remainers on here love him, when he voted against all things EU throughout his Commons time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here