Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

tenor.gif

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
5 Live the other night they were saying we'll get either 7 or 9 points from the first three games and they've still got Cyprus to play!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They really are a third world soccering nation these days.

Gibraltar would probably rock up at Hampden feeling they had a chance.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Allegedly they were using the same tactics, that were used in the Bannockburn campaign of 1314.
In which the captain of the time, Wee Jock McPlop used the 'hack em down' technique, which FIFA banned in 1315.
The King Edward II, allstar eleven left the pitch with minor limb injuries, resulting in a slow march back to the Londinium Stadium.
The FA guru of the time, Paulus Barberus, honoured the returning English losers a wee dram of Scottish whiskey, minus the lids of course!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I was amazed when I saw their group. It’s ridiculosly weak.

Ok, most groups have a clear winner from the start, and England don’t have the strongest group ever but f*ck me! Cyprus, Scotland, Kazakhstan & San Marino is just pathetic Belgium & Russia have qualified before a ball is kicked. Most groups actually look like they’ll be a battle for second at least. Spain will win their group quite comfortably but then it’s a battle between Sweden/Norway/Romania, France will piss their group but then you have Iceland/Turkey/Albania who could all qualify. Russia aren’t even very good but they’ve got very, very lucky.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Really should be Pre qualifying for these pointless nations.

The Nations League doesn't exactly help things either as it means that one of the League D Winners out of Georgia, Macedonia, Kosovo or Belarus will be at Euro 2020. Scotland will also qualify from League C if they somehow beat Norway, Serbia or Finland in the group finals play-offs in June.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm not sure why, but I don't have a rivalry / dislike of any of the home nations teams. I always want them to win - the exception being when they play England.

That said, these groups are pathetic. It'll be like this at the WC finals once they extend it to 100 teams or whatever crap they are planning. I imagine that FIFA's dream is to have every nation in the World Cup finals and run them for a solid 2 years. Think of the money they could milk from that. Wouldn't be like this if the sexwhale was in charge.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To give you an idea of the monumental scale of this defeat - before yesterday, Kazakhstan had not won a home qualifier for EIGHT YEARS. :lolol:

The scotch have already qualified for the Nations League Playoffs though, so they're probably just resting players for that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To give you an idea of the monumental scale of this defeat - before yesterday, Kazakhstan had not won a home qualifier for EIGHT YEARS. :lolol:

The scotch have already qualified for the Nations League Playoffs though, so they're probably just resting players for that.

Sure I read somewhere yesterday that during their ENTIRE last WC qualifying campaign, they managed to score only 6 goals, yet managed 50% of that in one match yesterday :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I used to really like to see Scotland/Wales/Ireland do well but since this 'anyone but England' crap I thoroughly enjoy watching them get a good spanking at the hands of minnows.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sure I read somewhere yesterday that during their ENTIRE last WC qualifying campaign, they managed to score only 6 goals, yet managed 50% of that in one match yesterday :lolol:

Its a special kind of failure isn't it. Just imagine, as a scotch fan, making an 8,000 mile round-trip to take in that. Yikes !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here