Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nobody gives us a hope in hell

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have felt the very same. I'm probably much younger than you (just over 60) and I want a bit of glory before I die. It is what I always wanted, and believed I'd get, back when I sat in the Gordon Road stand, watching the worst kind of thundercunterry and cockwomblissimus in a civilised league anywhere proclaiming to be the home of a professional English football club. No team has come back from such utter defenestration to mount a successful cup bid, not ever, never. Fact.

I will be getting my tickets tomorrow (thanks to Mrs T diligently surfing our buy pages as I sit on some dreadful committee) and I am expecting glory. Anything short of a hard won, completely against the run of play, fluketastic narrow victory will be a crushing disappointment.

:O:lolol::cheers:.

This is what I was listening to, 20 years ago. Twenty. When we were shit. Sounds pretty contemporary to my ear, but what do I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n07_b9ARj68

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Will be interesting to see if the Beeb treat us as the underdogs same way like they bigged up the" Wall"!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Who give a flying toss what these various forms of pond life think, they are scum the lot of them.
We are going to have the last laugh when we put the fourth goal past City of AbuDhabi.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Stan Collymores column was all about how Wolves are only team to be capable of stopping City winning the Cup. There was absolutely no mention of us , at all, not one word. He just assumes City are in the Final.
Yes, I now he’s a women beating bellend, but , bloody hell it annoyed me.

I just read said column in the mirror. Ok SC is not worth getting annoyed over but it really is so disrespectful.

Wolves are the only team with enough spirit to beat city...although Watford on their day could beat wolves....blah blah blah

Not one mention of the fact that citeh still have a game to play against another PL team that have proven they can beat top 6 sides on the odd occasion.

Of course they are massive favourites, but at least do us the courtesy of acknowledging that they have to beat us first....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why don’t we all just say this? **** Man City. You were shit until 2008 relegated to to the third division in 98 and you’ve no right to the FA cup. We’ve been through hell. We nearly fell out of the football league and we’ve come back up the hard way. We deserve to win the FA cup more than any club that have ever won it (barring wimbledon...and they were dirty ********) **** the pundits, **** the doubters. It’s one game. The game we’ve waited for since 1983 and we can win. We CAN win the FA cup. And rest.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings—nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run—
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
When we win, we'll be dubbed the team that saved the soccer season, just like we were back in '83 when we beat Liverpool. I think we had less of a chance then and look what happened. That's footie!!

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings—nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run—
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Good Sussex words of wisdom from that exceedingly good man

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
But I'm not quite getting the Wolves love-in. Watford are perfectly capable of turning them over.

Indeed.

watford.JPG

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It’s already written in the stars that the final is City vs Wolves as far as the pundits and wider world are concerned...because...let’s be honest, thats the “glamour” game. Brighton vs Watford is the final no-one wants to see, except us and Hertfordshire’s finest.

It’s precisely BECAUSE of that that we must reach the Final. The Game is already skewed towards billionaire foreign investors and their vanity projects. There’s no glory in Wolves revival, they spunked multiple millions getting to the prem and City...well let’s not mention their state funded greatness. they have both been shit in my lifetime, they’re only where they are because they’ve shat all over the rules and regulations to get there.

Twats.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It’s already written in the stars that the final is City vs Wolves as far as the pundits and wider world are concerned...because...let’s be honest, thats the “glamour” game. Brighton vs Watford is the final no-one wants to see, except us and Hertfordshire’s finest.

It’s precisely BECAUSE of that that we must reach the Final. The Game is already skewed towards billionaire foreign investors and their vanity projects. There’s no glory in Wolves revival, they spunked multiple millions getting to the prem and City...well let’s not mention their state funded greatness. they have both been shit in my lifetime, they’re only where they are because they’ve shat all over the rules and regulations to get there.

Twats.
Couldn't agree more. A Watford Brighton final would be immense and would shit all over the media.

I'd also hope for a punch up between Elton John and Des Lynam with Des victorious but then helping Reg up and buying him a pint.

Harry the Hornet is also the best mascot apart from Gully and I have a grudging respect for potato face Deeney.

Wolves and City can both **** off as they are cheats.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Couldn't agree more. A Watford Brighton final would be immense and would shit all over the media.

I'd also hope for a punch up between Elton John and Des Lynam with Des victorious but then helping Reg up and buying him a pint.

Harry the Hornet is also the best mascot apart from Gully and I have a grudging respect for potato face Deeney.

Wolves and City can both **** off as they are cheats.

Perhaps we can have a special song for Harry the Hornet at the final? His belittling of the Dulwich U boat was my personal season highlight. Marvellous scenes.

Oh and Wilfs tears. That was good too.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Perhaps we can have a special song for Harry the Hornet at the final? His belittling of the Dulwich U boat was my personal season highlight. Marvellous scenes.

Oh and Wilfs tears. That was good too.
And Poor Old Roy getting all angry about it at the press conference this season.

That was piss funny.

"Wilf Zaha does not dive!" *scratches nose in 'blatantly lying' giveaway*

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I've got a feeling that something big is going to happen in this game, I've got a feeling we're going to win - I knew we'd draw City, (as we all did, I suspect) and I was like great, bring them on... let's do it. I reckon the players will be feeling this way too...

The final is shrouded in mist atop a hill in the land of grey and pink, but this game is clear to me: We will emerge victorious and so it will be as it was written.

The universal force that guides all life has aligned itself to us, and thus City are utterly ****ed.

Destiny is all.

Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here