Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nobody gives us a hope in hell

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The commentary were absolutely gutted when Swansea were 2-0 up, when City made the comeback they glossed over the clear robbery that had gone on to wax lyrical about City. I remember the days when commentary were always bias TO the underdog
If it makes you feel better, they were when we played Millwall.

I think they generally like to go with the scoreline, and ignore when that scoreline is down to the officials.
That's not to say they won't highlight the officials mistakes at the time, but they'll then immediately ignore those mistakes and state how the scoreline is justified.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Of course nobody gives us a chance, that’s to be expected. Football is not like that though. For them we will look like cannon fodder in their quest for the 4 trophies on offer this season. For us, providing we stay up it will have been a fantastic season. This is a free hit for us and you never know what could happen.
Just ask Scotland.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
At Cheltenham last week 5 races were won by Horses at 20/1 or more. We are three times as likely to beat City as Croco Bay at 66/1 was of winning his race (which he did) !!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Of the 3 competitions they are still competing in, and as the number if games to be played stack up, it doesn't seem unreasonable that they may not prioritise the FA Cup quite as highly as winning the Premier League and the Champions League
# hope

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If our players want it enough, we’ve got a chance.

Work rate. That’s the key.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Mind you, this is the paper that gave us the match report from Man Utd v Brighton, without mentioning the word Brighton!

Indeed. I recall fondly the match report published in one of the national newspapers after we lost at Old Trafford earlier this season. Apart from where the score was listed in the article header, there was not a single mention of the word "Brighton" (or Albion, or Seagulls etc) in the entire, full page report.

Me too. but to be fair those Monday pieces aren't match reports in the traditional sense. Papers long since stopped doing those in a world where the bits and bobs of the game have been pulled apart for nearly 48 hours across every platform before you get to read em. So they tend to focus on pieces of analysis or comment which like it or not might focus exclusively on one club or even a player.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe those odds. 24-1 with Marathonbet (admittedly smaller firm) but widely 22-1 with Paddys etc. For a one-off game at a neutral ground that is mad. I fully expect City to win, but that has to be worth a tenner.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Think about it though, 3 pts against Stains is safety, with a good handful still to play, and a pressure free hit at the FA Cup Final. Go out and express yourselves lads, they've all written you off, go have fun!

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No one gave us a hope in hell in 83' when we went to Anfield or the following year at the Goldstone.

And Liverpool then were what Man City are today..

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't believe those odds. 24-1 with Marathonbet (admittedly smaller firm) but widely 22-1 with Paddys etc. For a one-off game at a neutral ground that is mad. I fully expect City to win, but that has to be worth a tenner.

Someone quoted similar odds to me saying you'll get hammered, they're 1/9. So what bet would you prefer? £10 at 22/1 to win £220 or £1,980 to win £220? It's eleven against eleven and the cup atmosphere, very much OUR Cup Final and we're Brighton, yes Brighton, on our day we CAN DO anything!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here