Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nobody gives us a hope in hell

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I don't care what the result is as I am viewing this as our cup final and intend enjoying it no matter the result

This how often are we in a cup semi final. Enjoy the day no matter what and hope it makes the players feel invincible and we pull of miracle win

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The home game is about as relvent as City losing to Palace a few months back. Current form does not suggest we have anywhere near enough to get passed them.

Neither did it at Withdean in 2008. It is a cup game and anything can happen. We all know 99 times out of a hundred City will beat us, but on the day, etc etc
Add your own cliche.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Neither did it at Withdean in 2008. It is a cup game and anything can happen. We all know 99 times out of a hundred City will beat us, but on the day, etc etc
Add your own cliche.

99 times out of a hundred ?

I reckon if we played them 10 times, we'd get 1 win and a draw.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
99 times out of a hundred ?

I reckon if we played them 10 times, we'd get 1 win and a draw.
I had a quick shufty at the odds (on Bet365) and although the headline odds are understandably one sided, they had Brighton DNB at 10/1 and Brighton or Draw at around 9/2.

Still pretty generous, but they're not exactly MASSIVELY confident that we'll lose in 90 minutes.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I don't care what the result is as I am viewing this as our cup final and intend enjoying it no matter the result

This. I'm going to have a great day out, enjoy the spectacle, and soak in one of the biggest matches in our history.

I really cannot imagine how I will cope if we actually win.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Just finished listening to "The Game" podcast by the Times while I was in the gym at lunch-time.

Obviously City are favourites, but my God, the way they completely dismiss us, & to some degree Watford, it really is breathtaking stuff.
Monday's episode, if you have a chance, give it a listen. Mind you, this is the paper that gave us the match report from Man Utd v Brighton, without mentioning the word Brighton!

CH should play a couple of soundbites to the team, made me really angry anyway, because the big teams ALWAYS win, don't they? ???

NEARLY ALWAYS!!!! would you risk a large bet on Brighton?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Three times to my certain memory I have seen teams given no chance at all win against the odds. I was at Stamford Bridge in the late fifties when Crewe won in the FA Cup with a single goal. (The manager, Ted Drake, ran onto the pitch after Jimmy Greaves, before his Italian sojourn, got injured. A different world!) I was unhappily at the old Goldstone when Leatherhead beat Albion and Clough. (Years later I met Chris Kelly, the 'Leatherhead Lip', who complained that ‘that goal’ was all anyone ever talked to him about) And I watched on TV when Bradford put 4 past Chelsea a year or two back

But is this really talk of an ‘upset’? I don’t think that we’ve yet seen the best of this Albion team this season. As Premier League survival is clearly priority it seems to me that some of the games have been more of an exercise in damage limitation and defensive tactics than might otherwise have been the case. April 6 surely provides an opportunity for some of the attacking play we’ve seen a little of on occasion.

I hope so – Betfair have got my £20 but I only got 20-1!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I was a tiny bit furious about The Game's coverage of the Millwall result, but then swapped in our name for any other also-rans and realised they do it to every club. They would probably favour a seven-team division, given the option.

We have no chance but it's going to be brilliant, everything will forever feel like the afterlife and matter not a speck after that Millwall result. I thought the on-the-pitch stuff after Wigan was the most remarkable thing I'd ever see the Albion enact but that really was it.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I don’t normally bet but with odds like this I am tempted. Whats to lose? I am going to be gutted if we lose so losing 20 quid isn’t going to make much difference.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This. I'm going to have a great day out, enjoy the spectacle, and soak in one of the biggest matches in our history.

I really cannot imagine how I will cope if we actually win.

You'll probably immediately start worrying about getting a ticket for the final!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In all fairness, it’s not us, they’d pretty much be saying the same about any side City were playing other than Liverpool and maybe Spurs and Chelsea. City are the best side we’ve ever had in this country and should be massive, massive favourites. I’ve got no problem with the coverage. Obviously we’ve got a slight chance but we are huge under dogs. I think our chances being talked down can only help fire up the players.

Don’t understand why they would be saying Wolves are such favourites though. Watford are an excellent side with a very astute manager. I would make them slight favourites as I think they’ve got a better all round side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here