Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nobody gives us a hope in hell

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Would we have it any other way though, as it is there is no pressure on us at all.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Kelly Cates said something on 5 live at the weekend, when talking about Watford v Wolves, along the lines of, "I wonder who City would rather play in the final"

City are brilliant, but they've had a few shocking results this season and another few near misses. I refuse to believe that chasing a quadruple, they are not going to have at least 2 or 3 more defeats in games they would normally expect to win.

We've got a chance and 18-1 is a cracking offer. (Maybe i'll go for a match supremacy spread bet instead though).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Just finished listening to "The Game" podcast by the Times while I was in the gym at lunch-time.

Obviously City are favourites, but my God, the way they completely dismiss us, & to some degree Watford, it really is breathtaking stuff.
Monday's episode, if you have a chance, give it a listen. Mind you, this is the paper that gave us the match report from Man Utd v Brighton, without mentioning the word Brighton!

CH should play a couple of soundbites to the team, made me really angry anyway, because the big teams ALWAYS win, don't they? ???

The commentary were absolutely gutted when Swansea were 2-0 up, when City made the comeback they glossed over the clear robbery that had gone on to wax lyrical about City. I remember the days when commentary were always bias TO the underdog, when it flipped is unknown to me, or why?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The way City play gives me a glimmer of hope , if and it’s a big if we stay in the game with 15 to go I fancy us to Nick one rather than City , I watched the Swansea game and City simply got extremely lucky and were so open down the flanks , a double sub of Knockaert / March , and Izquierdo with 20 to go would definitely give them a headache , all’s we have to do is keep it at 0-0 until that time and start planning for the final , easy eh ! What’s the point of getting this far without giving it a real go , I can’t make it to the game but If I was able to go I certainly wouldn’t bother going if I didn’t think we had a chance , going large £3 on a 1 nil win to us scored by Dunk in the 83rd minute treble .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nobody gave Wigan a chance in the final in 2013, those same pundits didn't give Wigan a chance in 2014 Quarter Finals or the 5th round when they again beat City last season. I bet no-one gave Middlesbrough a chance either in the 4th round of the 14-15 season either. City have a habit of ****ing up in the FA Cup against sides they are expected to beat, they very nearly kept that fine run going against Swansea in the QFs. Lets hope they've got more than one eye on a tricky Tuesday night visit to Spurs in the Champions League.

kjgood

One really doesn't care. One is going to have a great day out whatever the score. be greater if we win of course but great anyway.

Just finished listening to "The Game" podcast by the Times while I was in the gym at lunch-time.

Obviously City are favourites, but my God, the way they completely dismiss us, & to some degree Watford, it really is breathtaking stuff.
Monday's episode, if you have a chance, give it a listen. Mind you, this is the paper that gave us the match report from Man Utd v Brighton, without mentioning the word Brighton!

CH should play a couple of soundbites to the team, made me really angry anyway, because the big teams ALWAYS win, don't they? ???

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yes it sucks we're playing them and not one of the others, but at least the pressure will be off for the players and us as fans.
What I would like to see (and what I'll be doing) is still singing our hearts out even if we go 3 or 4 nil down. The players deserve that for getting us this far!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Kelly Cates said something on 5 live at the weekend, when talking about Watford v Wolves, along the lines of, "I wonder who City would rather play in the final"

City are brilliant, but they've had a few shocking results this season and another few near misses. I refuse to believe that chasing a quadruple, they are not going to have at least 2 or 3 more defeats in games they would normally expect to win.

We've got a chance and 18-1 is a cracking offer. (Maybe i'll go for a match supremacy spread bet instead though).

That's a bit disrespectful to BHAFC

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
City got turned over by Crystal 'six points to the Albion' Palace. At home.

If that shower of shite can beat them then anyone can.*

*We'd need to enter their half to do that though...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd say we are capable of beating them 1 time out of 10. Just need it to be that one time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’ve been informed that City haven’t beaten us in the Cup since 1922. Consequently, I’ve had £3 on us @21-1.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Bookies have us as long as 18/1 for a 2 team game. They have a week break before the game we have 3 days, although they may have an eye on their Tuesday game you can’t deny it would be a massive shock if we won

Had a look at a consolation bet and odds were 1/9 for ManCity and 15/1 for us when I looked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here