Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ok, so who’s got their semi final ticket and how many?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Pain in the arse as I had to log in with my lads account, buy his ticket, then log out, log in with my account, wait again, then panic like mad that the seat next to his may have gone.. Thankfully it hadn't.

Block 141, 5th row from the pitch.

Can't wait!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After a minutes thought, which is probably about the same amount of time the club invested in this loyalty system.

First set of sales - STH, staggered as it is now. At no stage am I expecting to be in front of STH.

After that it should be based on loyalty points alone, regardless of membership or anything else.

So someone who has been to 20 matches this season, and averaged 10 matches for the past decade are in front of someone who has a membership and only been to one match. They should also be in front of STH friends who aren't even fans.

If it is about money invested in the club then turned the £ into points. If I go to every home match this season I will have spent more than a STH, especially when paying £52 to sit in crappy SW corner seats for a Band A match.

Even if a few tickets go to Purchase History, I am still in a fight with people who have been to 1 match.

Thinking the current loyalty points system is the best or fairest is ludicrous.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Well......

I kind of agree, but if you're going to 20 home matches a season for crying out loud get a bronze membership! It would cost a quid a game, you would get first dibs on tickets meaning you wouldn't be stuck down in the SW corner every game, and there are a number of other benefits..

... and you get on the sth waiting list, and then you get a sth and save money next season...

..(speaking as someone who cracked last year and got a bronze membership....)

....this! I know it's a money making scheme but if you're going that often then why NOT get the membership? It wouldn't have happened back in the day but it's a necessary evil now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They've probably got 15k, I'd imagine. So that's potentially most of their allocation gone before many non-STHs without a ST connection get a chance.

But assuming you're right and they also got 33K then it is still one guaranteed for every STH with the plus ones making up around 18K. For us it's approximately one guaranteed per STH plus 10K. So you've got more chance as a Watford fan, just so long as you know a season ticket holder.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Pain in the arse as I had to log in with my lads account, buy his ticket, then log out, log in with my account, wait again, then panic like mad that the seat next to his may have gone.. Thankfully it hadn't.

Can't wait!

... so for next time, you can set friends and family in the ticket thingy, so you can buy tickets for people that are listed as your 'friends and family'

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After a minutes thought, which is probably about the same amount of time the club invested in this loyalty system.

First set of sales - STH, staggered as it is now. At no stage am I expecting to be in front of STH.

After that it should be based on loyalty points alone, regardless of membership or anything else.

So someone who has been to 20 matches this season, and averaged 10 matches for the past decade are in front of someone who has a membership and only been to one match. They should also be in front of STH friends who aren't even fans.

If it is about money invested in the club then turned the £ into points. If I go to every home match this season I will have spent more than a STH, especially when paying £52 to sit in crappy SW corner seats for a Band A match.

Even if a few tickets go to Purchase History, I am still in a fight with people who have been to 1 match.

Thinking the current loyalty points system is the best or fairest is ludicrous.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

I have some sympathy. It does seem to be a strange oversight that those who do NOT have a season ticket, but have accrued loyalty points through attending home and/or away are not being given their own direct opportunity to purchase tickets for the semi-final or, at least, have been excluded from the initial tiered process.

The club say this themselves about the scheme: "The loyalty point scheme is primarily designed to drive support for the team and to reward fans for their help in doing this." as well as: "The loyalty point system is, by definition, about rewarding loyalty of those supporters who travel and support the team up and down the country. "

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Can't wait!

For future reference use the friends and family feature which will allow you to allocate tickets at check out to those on your f&f list.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Keeps telling me I have exceeded the limit for my fan number, and i'm only trying to buy one ticket. Very odd.

I also want to take a mate so i'm going to leave it until Wed so I can get a guest ticket too.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have some sympathy. It does seem to be a strange oversight that those who do NOT have a season ticket, but have accrued loyalty points through attending home and/or away are not being given their own direct opportunity to purchase tickets for the semi-final or, at least, have been excluded from the initial tiered process.

The club say this themselves about the scheme: "The loyalty point scheme is primarily designed to drive support for the team and to reward fans for their help in doing this."

I like the use of the word 'oversight' to cover a bunch of exec rubbing their hands with glee at all the new Albion+ memberships they're shifting :)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Keeps telling me I have exceeded the limit for my fan number, and i'm only trying to buy one ticket. Very odd.

Are you on someone's friends and family? If so they could have allocated a ticket in your name.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Question : The lad works in a "big chain" store, and cleared it with his manager to have 6th April off when the dates were announced.

Said manager left on Thursday he's just been told. New manager saying no to the day off, but he's working on it.

If the arse fell out of it all, could I upgrade the ticket from an U21 to an Adult and take the Missus, or if she's working - a friend?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Question : The lad works in a "big chain" store, and cleared it with his manager to have 6th April off when the dates were announced.

Said manager left on Thursday he's just been told. New manager saying no to the day off, but he's working on it.

If the arse fell out of it all, could I upgrade the ticket from an U21 to an Adult and take the Missus, or if she's working - a friend?

The club said no: “Please note that concession tickets cannot be upgraded and adult tickets cannot be downgraded under any circumstances.”

Whether at Wembley, out of the sight of the club, you'd get away it - who knows?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

What a **** of a new boss. Surely he should honour the previous boss agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here