Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ok, so who’s got their semi final ticket and how many?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That's my experience too. It's a long way from the pitch. The view is better at the front of the upper tiers

I have gone for front row of upper tier. Been to Wembley several times and think the lower tier view is awful (including Spurs last year). Amazed the upper front rows are in the 45 quid zone too. Bargain!

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Its a poor view from the lower tiers, that looks as far back as you can go to. The lover tier camber was never built steep enough at Wembley.

That's my experience too. It's a long way from the pitch. The view is better at the front of the upper tiers

I have gone for front row of upper tier. Been to Wembley several times and this the lower tier view is awful (including Spurs last year). Amazed the upper front rows are in the 45 quid zone too. Bargain!

Now you tell me :tantrum: looks like I've paid £80 for a shite view. :ffsparr:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have gone for front row of upper tier. Been to Wembley several times and think the lower tier view is awful (including Spurs last year). Amazed the upper front rows are in the 45 quid zone too. Bargain!

I also HATE being sat low down, which is why I've gone £45 near the front of an upper tier. I'd rather be there than in an £80 seat frankly !

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wanted 134, ended up with 137. Not too annoyed.

Most important thing is I got a seat with my best mate who I’ve travelled the country with watching Albion. We were basically the only two Albion fans in our school whilst we were at Withdean and I’ve probably done 50 odd away grounds with him. Buzzing for it already.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I also HATE being sat low down, which is why I've gone £45 near the front of an upper tier. I'd rather be there than in an £80 seat frankly !

Wembley is quite BIG you know? The back of the lower tier is really not 'low down'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wembley is quite BIG you know? The back of the lower tier is really not 'low down'.

Long way back though. So I've heard.

I've been to 'New' Wembley twice (England v USA and Spurs v Albion), both times been in the upper tiers and been happy with the view. But frankly I'd have sat behind a pillar for this game if I had to. Its just all about BEING there.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...But frankly I'd have sat behind a pillar for this game if I had to. Its just all about BEING there.

which was exactly why we went for lower tier behind the goal.

I would never swap our WSU seats for the North Stand, but as you say - this one is about 'being there'!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
which was exactly why we went for lower tier behind the goal.

I would never swap our WSU seats for the North Stand, but as you say - this one is about 'being there'!

Probably sums us up too. Most of us are WSU but we've gone for behind-the-goal-ish lower tier for this one.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
STH,bronze members,loyalty points it does my head in.I pine for the days when it was in the pub sat am get to the turnstyle at 2.50 and find a spot in the north stand.Some times you were not even sure who you were playing at kick off but you never missed a game.
.As much as I love the Albion and thank Mr Bloom for his work I do feel football at the Amex has become increasingly corporate.I know of two long term sth who having given up going to home matches but go to almost all away games and are no longer sth.They describe the Amex experience as Emirates the sequal.I believe this is not a problem just of the Albion but of the corporate juggernaut that is the epl/tv.
I also fear that the Wembley experience will be a repeat of most big sporting events and indeed 1983.I remember for the reply when my local pub took a coach to Wembley and I believe only 10 out of the 40 passengers were regular Goldstoners the rest either casual fans at best or just hangers on.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
STH,bronze members,loyalty points it does my head in.I pine for the days when it was in the pub sat am get to the turnstyle at 2.50 and find a spot in the north stand.Some times you were not even sure who you were playing at kick off but you never missed a game.
.As much as I love the Albion and thank Mr Bloom for his work I do feel football at the Amex has become increasingly corporate.I know of two long term sth who having given up going to home matches but go to almost all away games and are no longer sth.They describe the Amex experience as Emirates the sequal.I believe this is not a problem just of the Albion but of the corporate juggernaut that is the epl/tv.
I also fear that the Wembley experience will be a repeat of most big sporting events and indeed 1983.I remember for the reply when my local pub took a coach to Wembley and I believe only 10 out of the 40 passengers were regular Goldstoners the rest either casual fans at best or just hangers on.

Away games have always been better than home games, I’d predict that is the same for most if not all clubs, even Scousers moan about the kop being half full of tourists now.
You need to accept that those days are not coming back. Even if we have a make believe referendum that everyone buys into and wishes really really hard for. We’ll all wake up to tomorrow another day older and it still won’t be 1985 again......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Probably sums us up too. Most of us are WSU but we've gone for behind-the-goal-ish lower tier for this one.

Us too. In midddle of 133 for this. WSU is the normal spot.

Hopefully see you on the concourse. Will it be cider or lime and soda???

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Away games have always been better than home games, I’d predict that is the same for most if not all clubs, even Scousers moan about the kop being half full of tourists now.
You need to accept that those days are not coming back. Even if we have a make believe referendum that everyone buys into and wishes really really hard for. We’ll all wake up to tomorrow another day older and it still won’t be 1985 again......

Totally agree with this. I now go to the Amex and it's a very different experience but my 13 year old absolutely loves it. He's just had confirmation that he can get a season ticket and he wants the full on 'North Stand' experience. I smile when I think about the North Stand at the Goldstone and wonder what the hell he'd think of that?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here