Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is All A Bit Surreal

el punal

Three weeks ago most Albion fans were down in the dumps. Our league form terrible and with a “must win” game against Huddersfield upcoming. Well we got through that one - not pretty though. Then we go to Palace, most of us, realistically, hoping for a draw. Good enough? Nope. We give a master class in an away victory and claim the 6 points!

So now onto the F.A. Cup against the ‘wall. All of us thinking that if we keep our shit together we should do the business. We didn’t keep our shit together - we left it all over the pitch. Millwall showed all the urgency and went 2-0 up.That’s it, Cup dream over FFS!! Then, the miracle. Suddenly the Cup does mean something, it really does. Manchester City - we’re coming for you!

We are in the semi-final, playing at Wembley, against a quadruple trophy chasing side, arguably the best team in the world on their day. We have absolutely no hope* so all of us are gearing up for a massive Albion appreciation party with no nerves and no expectation - just soak it all up and enjoy the occasion.

Weird, mad, love it! :albion2:

* But you never know!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Good time to be an Albion fan. Don't get sucked into the "how high up the league" shit, and just enjoy the ride. We all know that's what it means to be a Brighton fan, just enjoy it wherever it takes us!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's a rollercoaster ride, following the Albion and always has been.

When we're doing well, we do something really awful (remember promotion 16/17 but losing 4-0 away at Cardiff) and when we're doing badly, we do something brilliant (like winning away at Palace 1-0 when in the relegation zone or beating Man City in the League cup)

Long may it continue.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So when the inevitable dip comes, think twice before declaring "Murray's over the hill.." "Stephens is useless..." or "Hughton out...!"

Keep. The. Faith.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's a rollercoaster ride, following the Albion and always has been.

When we're doing well, we do something really awful (remember promotion 16/17 but losing 4-0 away at Cardiff) and when we're doing badly, we do something brilliant (like winning away at Palace 1-0 when in the relegation zone or beating Man City in the League cup)

Long may it continue.

Or a few seasons ago when we lost to Coventry (bottom of the league) and then beat Leicester (top) the next game.

One game at a time.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I was thinking exactly that this morning as my Spotify shuffle decided to play me several Albion memory inducing songs.

Huge spring in my step, pride and love for our whole club.

Don’t really care about the result I just want the world to see how much we care as fans and how we’ll never take games like this for granted.

I was 3 in 1983, cried my way through 1991, drunkenly sang my way through 2004 but this stage, the venue, being in the top flight whilst getting there, and to an extent the spotlight on the opponents going for the quadruple make April 6th 2019 a red letter day for my Albion supporting history right up there with the war years, Doncaster/Hereford, coming back to Withdean, getting planning approval for Falmer, promotion tot the Premier League and moving into the Amex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not buying it to be honest. Huddersfield were rubbish but would have been good value for a point based on how the game went. Ultimately, they couldn't take either of the decent chances they created but Ryan was just as busy as Lossl was, without too much room for argument. It was a good cross from Knockaert and a good header from Andone which settled it in our favour, huge result. Then the performance at Palace which was, in my opinion, poor. Brilliant result and a wondergoal to settle it in our favour but I'm not getting too excited about it and then Millwall, where we needed a ridiculous and amateurish error from an overhit freekick to get us out of jail.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't be getting carried away, there's nothing wrong with the positivity - I just don't feel it.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
We've got a pretty big game on Saturday. Let's hope the players manage to focus on that better than we have.

Let’s also hope the players don’t take the OPs view that we have ‘absolutely no hope’ against Citeh. Be just like us to pull this one off somehow.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not buying it to be honest. Huddersfield were rubbish but would have been good value for a point based on how the game went. Ultimately, they couldn't take either of the decent chances they created but Ryan was just as busy as Lossl was, without too much room for argument. It was a good cross from Knockaert and a good header from Andone which settled it in our favour, huge result. Then the performance at Palace which was, in my opinion, poor. Brilliant result and a wondergoal to settle it in our favour but I'm not getting too excited about it and then Millwall, where we needed a ridiculous and amateurish error from an overhit freekick to get us out of jail.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't be getting carried away, there's nothing wrong with the positivity - I just don't feel it.

That's alright. You can be grumpy on your own. We don't mind.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
An amazing two weeks. Glad we have this weekend off to let it all sink in and really enjoy it before the stress returns pre-Saints.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
We are in the semi-final, playing at Wembley, against a quadruple trophy chasing side, arguably the best team in the world on their day. We have absolutely no hope* so all of us are gearing up for a massive Albion appreciation party with no nerves and no expectation - just soak it all up and enjoy the occasion.

Weird, mad, love it! :albion2:

* But you never know!

Top post sir! Reflects my feelings exactly.

Is it just me, or has anyone else been grinning like a Cheshire cat since Sunday! I have watched the clip of Sollly's goal over and over again. And again. And again. It wasn't just the goal, but the instantaneous explosion of fans' emotions and outpouring of relief that we'd survived, followed rapidly by an awareness we could go on to win the QF, and progress to the SF.

Well, we're there now and, like you, my son and I (tickets bagged just now) will make it a truly special day out, sing our hearts out, cheer on the Albion whatever the score and live in hope that we turn up on the day and City has a wobble.

BHAFC, our post-Hereford BHAFC, will be broadcast live on the global stage playing one of the most technically gifted and well financed teams in the world. There's no pressure on us and every one of us should saviour the occasion for what it is; a wonderfully special moment in the Albion's history. The dream is alive.

God I love this club!:)

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Did you not notice my * ? :D

I did, but as one of those who's on holiday and can't make the semi I am being a miserable git this morning! Praying we make the final, and believing we will. Otherwise yours was a top post!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here