15 4.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Tories (And David Cameron).

They should have never put such a difficult and complex question to the people. It was a reckless gamble to do with forming a coalition with the Lib Dem’s that never happened.

What is shocking is that the country is divided on education levels.

The people who will be worse affected by the disastrous financial consequences of Brexit are those that voted for it the most. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Statistics show that the following is true:

Area with poverty + area with low immigration + area with low education levels = Leave Constituency
    Radio 5 has the odd phone caller:

"I blame all the politicians. We voted for it. Just get on with it!"

My instant thought was "get on with what?".

Some Brexitters clearly think they voted for a unicorn, and all they want is that unicorn delivered. It could not be any simpler. I, on the other hand am an ignorant fool because I don't want a unicorn and don't want others to exercise their democratic right to have a unicorn. You couldn't make this up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
    It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Blame culture. We don’t need it.

Who’s gonna see this mess for what it is and help us fix it?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      Who are you blaming? Multiple votes allowed
      Multiple votes, great work pasta.....
      Give us UNIONS NOT UNICORNS!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I share your loathing but you can no more blame him than the leader of any other organization that has no power and no meaningful influence on this process. He could have camped on Parliament square screaming 'no Brexit!!!' with a daffodil up his arse, and it would have made no difference. Or he could have whipped his MPs to support May's plan - that would have gone down well.
      No, but if he had shown more enthusiasm for remain, which he purported to support pre referendum, it is probable that his adoring young fans might likewise have shown more enthusiasm to cast their vote in the first place. The tragedy is, it's now the youngsters who will most suffer from the long term consequences of this mess, while a sizeable chunk of the old dinosaurs who voted for Brexit will be dead by the time it happens. It's likely that by that time a healthy majority of the population would wish to be part of the EU.

1 Not allowed!
      The Conservative party.

I'll tell you what, the Lib Dems have been absolutely decimated for having the temerity to go into power with them and compromise on one or two policies. Yes, as a slightly left leaning voter, I am indeed quite bitter about the extent to which the public have abandoned them.

Going by that, we'll never see the Conservatives again after the antics of them over the past few years. They are an absolute disgrace and their leadership have made the union-pandering Labour leadership of the 1970s seem positively competent.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Westminster and the City for allowing areas of the Midlands and North to "fall behind" what they perceive as the privileged South East.
      Rupert Murdoch, Viscount Rothermere, The Barclay Brothers and whoever else owns the press. They got David Cameron and his cronies worried enough about a few fringe politicians that they thought a referendum would vote massively to remain and shut them all up for a generation.
      Vladimir Putin saw it as an opportunity to spread disharmony and chaos in Western Europe; he mobilised social media to spread disinformation and funded dodgy campaigns.
      Some of the British public who embraced Brexit as a legitimisation of their distrust of foreigners.
      Jeremy Corbyn for failing to effectively oppose a PM clearly out of her depth.
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      This poll seems to have missed out the people who voted for this almighty clusterf***.

It wouldn't have been started by one of those who is now trying to blame everyone else because their unicorns haven't been delivered on time
      That's because it's not their fault. These people are not paid to make policy decisions, they only reacted to being asked the question.

It is entirely down to the government who are absolutely fking USELESS. Sure, Corbyn hasn't helped matters, but he's in opposition - he doesn't get to make the shit decisions in the first place.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      Ssshhh dont tell anyone, its a bit of a secret but Parliament itself voted by a huge majority to have a referendum. Cameron didnt decide alone there would be one.
      Exactly.

Tired of all these threads (sorry OP).

But the nonsense that has been spoken in here and in parliament is laughable.

Facts are Parliament overwhelmingly voted for a referendum, that is all Parliament not just Conservatives or Labour.

Public voted to leave and narrowly won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Some Brexitters clearly think they voted for a unicorn, and all they want is that unicorn delivered. It could not be any simpler. I, on the other hand am an ignorant fool because I don't want a unicorn and don't want others to exercise their democratic right to have a unicorn. You couldn't make this up.
      I see it more like they all voted for a free Rolls Royce because they were promised we could all have one. Now Theresa May is blaming Rolls Royce for not being able to supply 60 million cars at £10 each.
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Ahhh .... the second remainer this week to use the offensive term 'retard' ..... such a nice bunch ! Looking forward to your use of the words mong and spastic.

And when have I tried to shutdown debate ?
      The term 'retard' (except in the slang meaning which I did not intend but you clearly decided must be the case) refers to someone whose skills are obstructed in some way - in this case the skill of recognising an alternative viewpoint i.e. being blinkered from adhering exclusively to their own perspective. That is the case on both sides of the argument which you seem to conveniently overlook.

You have weaponised the term in order to serve your own purpose, and by so doing you show an unwillingness to engage in proper debate. Is that clear?
      Last edited by Lever; 21-03-2019 at 09:13.