Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It all points to FA Cup semi prices being FAR too high, IMO. I doubt they'd have struggled at £20 a pop, and Saturday would have been a sellout too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few sub-80,000 crowds over recent years. We should beat Millwall v Wigan anyway!

Man Utd v Spurs - 84,667
Chelsea v Southampton - 73,416

Chelsea v Spurs - 86,335
Arsenal v Man City - 85,725

Everton v Man Utd - 86,064
Palace v Watford - 79,110

Reading v Arsenal - 84,081
Aston Villa v Liverpool - 85,416

Wigan v Arsenal - 82,185
Hull v Sheffield United - 71,820

Millwall v Wigan - 62,335
Chelsea v Man City - 85,621

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
906 tickets to go before our full allocation is sold out, guessing most of those will go tomorrow and Thursday.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
True its a day out....However (FA IF YOU ARE LISTENING ) My memory of the 83 semi at Highbury was truly Gladiatorial ...... A lifetime experience,with Wembley still the vision .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm going, but would have still preferred a sell out at a club ground.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm going, but would have still preferred a sell out at a club ground.

Yes, I can see how that might be attractive, but say if it were at Villa Park with say a 40,000 capacity, with the other team plus hangers-on/neutrals, would you have been happy with an allocation of 18,000? It might have been that you would not be going?

Ticket website updated so you can now easily see which stands have availability.

280 in the lower tier
6 in the middle tier (together - but it’s greyed out)
614 in the upper tier

There are also a couple of odd random singles in blocks that look like they are sold out

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Palace v Watford - 79,110

IIRC Palace sold out their allocation and Watford didn’t. Hence the palace fans in the Watford end, but you’re correct, it wasn’t a sell out.

Surely if the Man City fans aren’t up for going to the semi, then it’s a brilliant opportunity for every Brighton fan with insufficient points to pay to become a “Man City” fan and get to see the game live.

Lucky ********.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So....anyone who wants a ticket gets one. Anyone who has some 'loyalty' gets early dibs.

What is the effing problem, FFS ? ???

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Exactly.

Portsmouth fans absolutely jizzing their pants because they took 40k to a nothing match where tickets were about 50p each. Who'd have guessed that. Someone should point out that teams like Gillingham and Bristol Rovers have both taken over 40,000 to Wembley - Rovers did so fairly recently. If prices are low enough and there aren't internal politics at work, it's not all that special.

I don't know how many they took there but they sold their allocation - which is more than Chelsea did. Packed Saints end, huge gaps at the Chelsea end.

I was there Saturday in the other end, never was going to be a question that we sold out regardless of prices but the 6 tickets per season ticket rule they had brought out the worst in them.

That said to call it a nothing match as a final played at Wembley compared to a semi final which should be at a neutral ground is just wrong. I remember when we played Millwall at old Trafford about 15 years ago in the semi and that felt special with a place at the final on the line.

Just in case you didn't know I am not bitter about one or the other as we lost both and I was at them alongside the 2014 milk cup final against city

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
You can collect from Chelsea

Thanks, will be there early from work to pick up. Got updated on this from a call to the Amex who were quite helpful. Also told me may have to pick up semi-final ticket from Wembley on Saturday as only being posted out on Thursday.

As other people have stated, there are loads of eating places at Wembley, mainly at first floor level at the outlet shopping centre plus loads of curry places ( who will also serve you a crafty beer or three) up Wembley Park Road near Wembley Park Metropolitan/Jubilee Line tube station.

Great memories of working back in 1996-7 in offices right next door to the old stadium, with the windows looking right out on the old towers. Seem to recall a local pub having to be put back together after the 1996 League Cup Final between Aston Villa and Leeds plus past stories of how the office would have to be shut down on Friday lunchtime when the Tartan Army were already arriving in force the day before the home international fixture.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Match tickets remaining:

Pitchside: 293
Posh seats: 5 (see also https://www.boxofficeevents.com/package/376/manchester-city-vs-brighton-tickets PRICE: £99, plus admin fee)
Upper tier: 582

Total remaining: 880

Initial allocation: 33466
Addtl allocation: 1500
Total current allocation: 34966

Presumed sold or allocated so far: 34966 - 880 = 34086 (apparently 1060 tickets would appear to have been sold in the last 24 hrs, including about 180 new tickets that became available just before the Tuesday 11am purchase history sales window)

BoxPark Tickets remaining:

Hospitality: 47
Pre-match: sold out
Post-match: 351
Pre + Post: 2

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was there Saturday in the other end, never was going to be a question that we sold out regardless of prices but the 6 tickets per season ticket rule they had brought out the worst in them.

That said to call it a nothing match as a final played at Wembley compared to a semi final which should be at a neutral ground is just wrong. I remember when we played Millwall at old Trafford about 15 years ago in the semi and that felt special with a place at the final on the line.

Just in case you didn't know I am not bitter about one or the other as we lost both and I was at them alongside the 2014 milk cup final against city

Wait, you think that your Wembley final in an U23s tournament which is so derided that gates struggle to get above 1,000 is not a "nothing match" compared to an FA Cup semi final?

You have GOT to be having a laugh!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Wait, you think that your Wembley final in an U23s tournament which is so derided that gates struggle to get above 1,000 is not a "nothing match" compared to an FA Cup semi final?

You have GOT to be having a laugh!

It's feels like a somewhat circular reasoning; the 'status' of the final was elevated simply due to the fat that it was contested by two 'box office' teams; therefore the competition holds greater weight; therefore the teams contesting the final gain more caché. I suspect most Mackems themselves might be hard pressed to name more than a couple of EFL finalists of the past 5 years*

But I agree that semis should be held at neutral grounds, especially now there are so many which can hold big numbers, which can offer the 'modern football experience' (bleurgh) and which can be easily set up for even splits.

*I wouldn't include [MENTION=19107]wakeytom[/MENTION], enlightened and informed as he is, in this group. x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here