Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It could be sold on the basis of those who bought the Bronze membership were able to have more choice of seats available, then purchase history could have the remaining tickets. I for one would be happy with that, and I have bought a Bronze membership.

Every other game they have sold in the last two years has been on that basis, and I'm sure this one will be the same

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Absolutely not. They did what they did because they had the money and paid to give themselves a BETTER chance of a ticket, that's all. Many would say it was an error from the club to allow new season 19-20 members to get a ticket.

Overall I agree with those who say the club has got this process right...until now. The idea that there are tickets left and (crucially) the club MIGHT be able to get more but proper fans with a purchase history cant have a crack at them is just wrong.

But 'proper' fans with a purchase history have had the same crack at getting tickets as everyone else... They just had to buy membership.

Lets use slightly different terms.. 'proper' fans have supported the club in every sense including financially. Some tight wads want the benefits (a trip to Wembley) without the obligations (membership).

The membership fees are not going to line the pockets of shareholders or being filtered off to shell companies or financial backers... This is money keeping the club alive, successful and viable in the long term. Isn't that what we all fought for in the dark years? Isn't that what everyone wished for on the long trips to Kent? Or sitting on scaffolding in the rain at Withdrawn?

Doesn't 'purchase history' imply you were there in the dark times? So anyone with a purchase history but without membership didn't care about being in the wilderness for all those years, didn't want rescue and financial stability.

Whilst I understand a number are impacted by the costs, and membership possibly tips the balance between going and not, but plenty of STH have offered up help (and shouldn't fans know other fans?).

All that aside we are left with a group of people who have said they want all the benefits of a financially sound, successful club, playing at Wembley in a major tournament, but refuse to contribute.

The club said membership would be required. Don't join, don't go. It was all very clear upfront.

Had the club said 'general sale' at the beginning then I wouldn't be arguing but they didn't and adding it now is grossly unfair on those who have put their hand in their pockets and paid for membership.

No one has been ripped off or misled at this stage. If the club change tack now then people will have been.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Membership and purchase history used to be for security reasons as well as priority.
Never been to an Albion game before no problem just give us some cash.
Have a fan number and purchase history but don't want to buy membership. You're not welcome. The City end has spare seats.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But 'proper' fans with a purchase history have had the same crack at getting tickets as everyone else... They just had to buy membership.

Lets use slightly different terms.. 'proper' fans have supported the club in every sense including financially. Some tight wads want the benefits (a trip to Wembley) without the obligations (membership).

The membership fees are not going to line the pockets of shareholders or being filtered off to shell companies or financial backers... This is money keeping the club alive, successful and viable in the long term. Isn't that what we all fought for in the dark years? Isn't that what everyone wished for on the long trips to Kent? Or sitting on scaffolding in the rain at Withdrawn?

Doesn't 'purchase history' imply you were there in the dark times? So anyone with a purchase history but without membership didn't care about being in the wilderness for all those years, didn't want rescue and financial stability.

Whilst I understand a number are impacted by the costs, and membership possibly tips the balance between going and not, but plenty of STH have offered up help (and shouldn't fans know other fans?).

All that aside we are left with a group of people who have said they want all the benefits of a financially sound, successful club, playing at Wembley in a major tournament, but refuse to contribute.

The club said membership would be required. Don't join, don't go. It was all very clear upfront.

Had the club said 'general sale' at the beginning then I wouldn't be arguing but they didn't and adding it now is grossly unfair on those who have put their hand in their pockets and paid for membership.

No one has been ripped off or misled at this stage. If the club change tack now then people will have been.

You sound like an unbelievably selfish 'I'm all right Jack' type who simply can't get their heads around the fact there are different types of fans, many longstanding who arent STHs or members but go when they can. With all other groups now catered for there is absolutely no reason not to let those with a purchase history have a go.

You have already told zefarelly - who went to Gillingham FFS - his support was 'underwhelming', I'd call it a day on this one. Much easier to rock up at the Amex for PL than those days, yes, things have moved on but show some respect. Anyone who got a 19-20 membership to get a SF tkt gas not been misled, they were f***ing lucky to have that option in the first place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You sound like an unbelievably selfish 'I'm all right Jack' type who simply can't get their heads around the fact there are different types of fans, many longstanding who arent STHs or members but go when they can. With all other groups now catered for there is absolutely no reason not to let those with a purchase history have a go.

You have already told zefarelly - who went to Gillingham FFS - his support was 'underwhelming', I'd call it a day on this one. Much easier to rock up at the Amex for PL than those days, yes, things have moved on but show some respect. Anyone who got a 19-20 membership to get a SF tkt gas not been misled, they were f***ing lucky to have that option in the first place.
This. Membership over purchase history I can understand. Not offering the dregs of the tickets to anyone with a purchase history because they haven't spent £25 on membership is absolutely appalling, shameful money grabbing.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
The whole freezing me out with Purchase History has really killed my Albion mojo at the mo, maybe the international break hasn't helped. Hopefully it will return.

Today is the first time I will watch the F1 qualifying over the Albion.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
I have followed the Albion since the late 70's (when I found an interest in Football). I was at Highbury for the semi-final in 1983 (I did not go to either the final or replay, as I was doing my exams that year so did not attend many games that season).

I have had season tickets at the Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean. I was at the High Court when Archer took control, I used to attend every home and most away matches, when I lived in Sussex, but I have never been to the Amex.I would love to attend a home match, but sadly that seems to be very unlikely to happen.

I accept that it was my choice to move away from the area (I have lived in Gateshead since 2002), but I have been suffering from ill health for several years now, which restricts the amount of travelling that I can cope with using public transport and I do not drive.

I no longer know any season ticket holders, and I simply cannot justify buying a membership just to be able to attend one match.

I try to attend matches such as Newcastle and Middlesbrough when I can get tickets without depriving other supporters who, in my opinion, are more deserving. Indeed last season, the club even refused to sell me a ticket for the match at Newcastle just before New Year, suggesting that I could be a Newcastle supporter trying to get into the away end, so I had to sit in the home end.

Interestingly enough, they sold me a ticket for the cup match at Middlesbrough a month or so later, with no problems whatsoever, and I managed to get a ticket in the away end at Newcastle earlier this season as well with no problems.

I would have loved to be at Wembley next week, but I am on a relatively low income, with a young family to consider and buying a membership was just a step too far, so I am now resigned to watching the match on TV.

Do I deserve a ticket? Probably not, but I know that there are likely to be several supporters in a similar position to myself, who would like to be given the opportunity of buying a ticket on general sale, and being able to support the club that they love.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have followed the Albion since the late 70's (when I found an interest in Football). I was at Highbury for the semi-final in 1983 (I did not go to either the final or replay, as I was doing my exams that year so did not attend many games that season).

I have had season tickets at the Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean. I was at the High Court when Archer took control, I used to attend every home and most away matches, when I lived in Sussex, but I have never been to the Amex.I would love to attend a home match, but sadly that seems to be very unlikely to happen.

I accept that it was my choice to move away from the area (I have lived in Gateshead since 2002), but I have been suffering from ill health for several years now, which restricts the amount of travelling that I can cope with using public transport and I do not drive.

I no longer know any season ticket holders, and I simply cannot justify buying a membership just to be able to attend one match.

I try to attend matches such as Newcastle and Middlesbrough when I can get tickets without depriving other supporters who, in my opinion, are more deserving. Indeed last season, the club even refused to sell me a ticket for the match at Newcastle just before New Year, suggesting that I could be a Newcastle supporter trying to get into the away end, so I had to sit in the home end.

Interestingly enough, they sold me a ticket for the cup match at Middlesbrough a month or so later, with no problems whatsoever, and I managed to get a ticket in the away end at Newcastle earlier this season as well with no problems.

I would have loved to be at Wembley next week, but I am on a relatively low income, with a young family to consider and buying a membership was just a step too far, so I am now resigned to watching the match on TV.

Do I deserve a ticket? Probably not, but I know that there are likely to be several supporters in a similar position to myself, who would like to be given the opportunity of buying a ticket on general sale, and being able to support the club that they love.
Please sent this to the club. It is the reason tickets MUST go on general sale now. (I think they will)

If there was ever a perfect example of why the current situations stinks.

I (sure there are others too) have unused plus 2’s. PM me if you still need a ticket.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I've emailed Paul Barber regarding Neastgull's dilemma. He normally gets back to me quickly, as soon as I know anything I will let you know

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Paul Barbers Reply

Dear Gary

Thank you for the email.

Many fans holding season tickets, 1901 memberships, and club membership bought their tickets for Wembley at the first possible opportunity. Some waited for friends and family to be eligible in order to sit together.

However, quite a large number of other season ticket holders, 1901 members and club members were not in such a hurry and are currently still buying tickets for the FA Cup semi final as I write.

It is entirely right that those fans who have made seasonal (and longer) commitments to the club be given the maximum possible time to secure their tickets for the club’s first visit to Wembley in three decades.

Unfortunately, there will always be many people, including some long-standing fans, unable to get to a big match at Wembley for a variety of different personal, medical, geographical or financial reasons.

Best wishes, Paul

Paul Barber
Chief Executive & Deputy Chairman
Brighton & Hove Albion FC

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Paul Barbers Reply

Dear Gary

Thank you for the email.

Many fans holding season tickets, 1901 memberships, and club membership bought their tickets for Wembley at the first possible opportunity. Some waited for friends and family to be eligible in order to sit together.

However, quite a large number of other season ticket holders, 1901 members and club members were not in such a hurry and are currently still buying tickets for the FA Cup semi final as I write.

It is entirely right that those fans who have made seasonal (and longer) commitments to the club be given the maximum possible time to secure their tickets for the club’s first visit to Wembley in three decades.

Unfortunately, there will always be many people, including some long-standing fans, unable to get to a big match at Wembley for a variety of different personal, medical, geographical or financial reasons.

Best wishes, Paul

Paul Barber

Pathetic.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Pathetic.

???

You may not like the answer but a Premier League Deputy Chairman responding to an unsolicited email from a fan about tickets in under 2 hours on a match day - with a considered and detailed response - is pretty impressive.

Paul Barbers Reply

Dear Gary

Thank you for the email.

Best wishes, Paul

Paul Barber
Not one mention of the missing cup final cash or flasks!???

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
???

You may not like the answer but a Premier League Deputy Chairman responding to an unsolicited email from a fan about tickets in under 2 hours on a match day - with a considered and detailed response - is pretty impressive.

Not if it's a pathetic non-answering of the salient point. Namely that there is no good reason for what's left not to go on general sale. And further, that by delaying and stalling, we are worse placed to demand and shift any extra tickets we could have got for purchase-history Albion fans from the unsold City allocation. There is a vintage way Barber ducks tricky questions and this is Exhibit A

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
???

Perhaps he should take a little more time over his responses.

Impressive is not a word that I would use to describe what he has written. It just clarified that he has no interest in any of us unless he can milk more money from us. If we’ve run out, then his club is not for us.

#Barberout

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Match tickets remaining:

Pitchside: 935
Posh seats: sold out (but see https://www.boxofficeevents.com/pack...ighton-tickets NOTE: Price reduced to £99, plus admin fees)
Upper tier: 943 (in the last 24hrs at least 60 further tickets became available in Blocks 547 and 548)

Total remaining: 1878

Initial allocation: 33466
Addtl allocation: 1500
Total current allocation: 34966

Presumed sold or allocated so far: 34966 - 1878 = 33088 (sales in last 24hrs est between 235 and 295)

BoxPark Tickets remaining:

Hospitality: 101
Pre-match: sold out
Post-match: 422

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
So all my tickets have come through at full face value, when half are concessions. Makes me think about options for purchasing for the final

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So all my tickets have come through at full face value, when half are concessions. Makes me think about options for purchasing for the final
I wouldn't bother mate. There's another thread where it's explained that all of the tickets are like that and that the QR code is what distinguishes the different pricing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here