Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dirty Brighton

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think we're quite a physical, niggly team at the moment and we try not to give much space to sides with better players.

But I don't think we're overly aggressive. Even our red-card offences tend to be misjudgements rather than the cynical stuff we saw against Dunk at Millwall.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think we're quite a physical, niggly team at the moment and we try not to give much space to sides with better players.

But I don't think we're overly aggressive. Even our red-card offences tend to be misjudgements rather than the cynical stuff we saw against Dunk at Millwall.

Agree with the first part (and largely 'number of fouls committed', is simply a direct correlation with '% of time out of possession').

Can't agree with your second sentence though. 2 of our (4?) reds this season have been for violent conduct (Andone and Duffy)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Weren't we voted dirtiest a few years ago?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I expect the figures would be totally different if Glenn Murray wasn't playing, he must be the most fouled and committed the most fouls in the team than everybody else added together

Edit: he is the dirtiest player in the PL this season with 67 fouls in 29 games, so that's only 2.31 a game a clear 16 ahead of Mitrovic in second place.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We defend a lot more than most teams

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
That was my first thought too. The opposition seem to have the ball more than us so we're tackling more frequently. The more you tackle, the more likely you are to foul.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Agree with the first part (and largely 'number of fouls committed', is simply a direct correlation with '% of time out of possession').

Can't agree with your second sentence though. 2 of our (4?) reds this season have been for violent conduct (Andone and Duffy)

Duffy leaned forward with his forehead! If he was violent, that Palace player would still be on the floor. As it was he made a meal of it.
Silly yes, violent no.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Duffy leaned forward with his forehead! If he was violent, that Palace player would still be on the floor. As it was he made a meal of it.
Silly yes, violent no.

He was dismissed for 'violent conduct'. It's not really up for discussion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well thats no bad thing in my view. I think all successful teams need to have that intheir game, especially those who maybe lack a little bit on the skill front. I'd hate the Albion to be pushovers on the pitch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's me thinking this thread was about the city at large.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No, we're not a dirty side.

We've had a couple of silly ones, eg Duffy v Palace, we've had a couple of marginal ones, eg Stephens against Cardiff.

But we haven't done anything actually dirty since Knocky at Everton. (I'm giving Andone, as I did with Hemed, a bit of benefit of some doubt as to his intent)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There's me thinking this thread was about the city at large.

It's nothing a committed small army of people with long brushes, washing up liquid, a cherry picker and some graffiti removing chemicals couldn't sort out in an afternoon

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Talking about interest stats, who do you think the player most dispossessed in the PL is

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/dispossessed

Doesn't surprise me. Our first player is way down in 55th,

If you don't have possession, you can't get dispossessed

Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-1.49.33-PM.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here