Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dirty Brighton

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Duffy leaned forward with his forehead! If he was violent, that Palace player would still be on the floor. As it was he made a meal of it.
Silly yes, violent no.

With the distance he can head the ball, I've always assumed he has a metal forehead. So I agree if he was being violent and he really nutted him, I think he would be dead. No one would be able to get up from that level of impact.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Top of the league!!!

We're top because we commit more fouls than we get fouled (as a ratio)?
Then we just need to let other teams foul us more, but that is tough when we don't have much possession.
So, as with all statistics, it's somewhat skewed?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nothing wrong in fouling in you do it in the right circumstances and areas on the pitch.

We seem to be good at avoiding fouling just outside the box in central positions, with most fouls coming in midfield or challenging for forward balls, and then out wide from the full backs.

All this does is stop other teams breaking on us, to allow our solid two banks to defend the area.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Duffy leaned forward with his forehead! If he was violent, that Palace player would still be on the floor. As it was he made a meal of it.
Silly yes, violent no.

He was dismissed for 'violent conduct'. It's not really up for discussion.

Who was the player who recently properly headbutted another player and yet was only shown a yellow card by the ref?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If you took out the fouls that Kevin Friend gave Liverpool, we would be nowhere near the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I expect the figures would be totally different if Glenn Murray wasn't playing, he must be the most fouled and committed the most fouls in the team than everybody else added together

Edit: he is the dirtiest player in the PL this season with 67 fouls in 29 games, so that's only 2.31 a game a clear 16 ahead of Mitrovic in second place.

So what you're saying is... we should sign mitrovic?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think Murray is a double whammy, he does a lot of fouls but he also receives a lot of knocks/kicks which are not given which are given for other players.

Also notice comment about Duffy sending off, saw similar on MOTD the week before and player was just booked....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here